Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:52 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Miles! You cannot simply be as bad as you make yourself out to be. In any event, any chance we can help you with a make-over? I can give you literally hundreds of dieting and exercise tips, as well as fashion tips, hair styles etc (as can probably most of the other females on the board). There is generally somebody for everybody out there. Or are you just yanking our chain with your albeit amusing (said in friendliness and not sarcasm) downgrading of yourself. When is the next meet-up, I want to see for myself!
Oh, I wanna see you too, honey. Hope I can get my hair dyed in time and my hip replaced first, though.

See you soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:16 PM

434 posts, read 933,684 times
Default You got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingfree View Post
So a woman has to be pretty to be able to find a man? Attractiveness is temporary but warmth, intelligence and kindness last forever.

I have men telling me I'm attractive all the time, but they're not the type of men I'd want to give the time of day to. All they care about is appearances. I can't look great 24/7, and if they only care about my looks then they're not worth a damn.
Hi BREAKFREE,

I can not agree with you more!

Good luck for you finding a ACE guy who can not only appreciate your beauty outside but inside.

It is a long and lonely journey though!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM

Default The ultimate rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
sorry about the breakup. i'm gonna wax philosophical in lower caps, excuse me please.

who really knows what love is between man and woman? i hear/see/read about so many people madly in love today and tomorrow they can't stand the sight of each other. i wonder sometimes if love is a fluid term that can be customized to meet differeng agendas for different circumstances? can love be confused sometimes with other emotions of the flesh and spirit like money, lust, need for sexual and physical satisfaction, hunger for attention never achieved earlier in life, desire to command, to be wanted ,or to control?

what's the true definition, if any of this love, of which so many speak loftily one day then decry another day?

is there something to be said of prearranged marriages/relationships as they have in the Orient and some East European countries, Africa, Latin America? does that kind of arrangement untimately produce love that one grows into? is that better than love at first sight that then transforms into hate at every sight? is respect and compatability for and with one's mate better than a ranting, raving but transitory emotion that absorbs your entire being today and destoys your soul the next day?

more questions than answers. in the meantinme, for every marriage, there's another divorce; for every couple falling in love, there's another breakup.

Hi I am married for 8 years with a 7 year old kid....

I have something to say.

You can check out my file to find almost everything about me ...

It seems like to me there is a rule: the least to expect, the best will come.

Good luck!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Thanks, Miles. It's true that it's a cyclical process for sure, and some do work things out very well. I am the odd one in my family, since my parents have been married since the dawn of time, siblings are all happily married, and I have been nearly married twice to the same woman, once in NY and once in CA.

There are a myriad of reasons as to how and why a relationship starts and ends, though it seems to me that one needs to have a more realistic approach as to the duration of the cycles in a committed relationship, since there are good days and bad days, times when all seems over and those when there's a new beginning. This is a healthy function of a relationship between two people, since there will always be disagreements, differences of opinion, and the like, but how they're managed makes a key difference, unless there is a structural fault to the realtionship present from the outset that manifests itself as time marches onward.

I don't think that it's any different for a man or a woman, since it's more of a function of being human, where emotional interactions do have an effect, immediate or cumulative, and that can characterize the pursuit of a new relationship or the ending of one already in existence, sometimes for it to begin anew as a treasured friendship and other times best left to the annals of history. Some men want relationships for whatever reason, as do some women, but sometimes it takes a while for the synchronicities of the universe to overcome the time warp of the human mind in its pursuit of that one moment where a lasting relationship dawns...
Excellent writings!

I live right next to Irvine, CA, by the way.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
I love beamer's posts too.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:47 PM

Default Listen up, boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Excellently put, bmw.

Perhaps you and I should open a lonely hearts club - of course we'll give discounts to our fellow posters.
Loneliness is an awareness of your own soul. Sometimes one can only find consolation from something (hopeful not somebody, you want to be reasonably independent) who you are passionate about. It could be a poem, a biography, a piece of music or lyrics

If you have a soul, more likely you will always have lonely moments regardless you are in a relationship, or married or with so-called soul mate.

I am married for 8 years.
I still feel lonely sometimes
I am trying to find a healthy way to console myself

Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM

[quote=jinglebell;5405275]Loneliness is an awareness of your own soul. Sometimes one can only find consolation from something (hopeful not somebody, you want to be reasonably independent) who you are passionate about. It could be a poem, a biography, a piece of music or lyrics
.................................................. .................................................. ...

i've tried them all but found that they were unable to make passionate love to me.

actually makes matters worse as then both my body and soul lie prostrate in dire need.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,390 times
I haven't felt lonely since the day I had my baby 2 years ago. Have a kid Miles! There are tons of women trying to find a mate and perfect daddy.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
I am married for 8 years.
I still feel lonely sometimes
I am trying to find a healthy way to console myself
feel free to e-mail me. sometimes it helps to bare the soul to a fellow human being.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Default poor baby..

[quote=Miles;5405426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
Loneliness is an awareness of your own soul. Sometimes one can only find consolation from something (hopeful not somebody, you want to be reasonably independent) who you are passionate about. It could be a poem, a biography, a piece of music or lyrics
.................................................. .................................................. ...

i've tried them all but found that they were unable to make passionate love to me.

actually makes matters worse as then both my body and soul lie prostrate in dire need.
You have an uneasy soul....

Not enough information to say about your body though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City