Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM

434 posts, read 931,709 times

Advertisements

If a girl lives in NYC
She is better off to be with a guy with deep wallet

If a girl lives in north or south pole
She better find someone with warm heart

The thing drives girls crazy is that deep wallet doesn't go with warm heart in most men,

Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,560,672 times
100% I am an example of a warm heart but a shallow wallet, and I've turned cold but the wallet remains shallow!!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,545,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
If a girl lives in NYC
She is better off to be with a guy with deep wallet

If a girl lives in north or south pole
She better find someone with warm heart

The thing drives girls crazy is that deep wallet doesn't go with warm heart in most men,

Am I right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
100% I am an example of a warm heart but a shallow wallet, and I've turned cold but the wallet remains shallow!!
Okay, relating all this to the thread topic for a NY man, 25-35, who wants a serious relationship, I see a few parameters here. We have a man, a woman, a wallet. And we must match with the appropriate attribute : deep, shallow, warm.

Hopefully it all comes out good for that NY man, 25-35, seeking a relationship with a good woman.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM

Default Then it is a challenge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I see...

You are a combo of cold heart and shallow wallet

Hmm....

It is a challenge, isn't it?

But the good news is that

There are a few girls value warm heart over deep wallet

The bad news is that

If one has a cold heart on top of shallow wallet

I am not sure I can help....

Old 09-25-2008, 12:20 PM

47 posts, read 162,833 times
When you have people from every country on the planet here you can't lump them all together on something like this. I have 2 Indonesian friends that have been together since they were 16 and are now 25 and got married this summer. Neither of them make much money but are the best model of real love i've seen personally seen and both grew up in Queens. A lot of the time it comes down to a cultural thing.

I'm only 24 but if the right girl came along I wouldn't be opposed to a serious relationship either.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:37 PM

Default As long as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iztel View Post
When you have people from every country on the planet here you can't lump them all together on something like this. I have 2 Indonesian friends that have been together since they were 16 and are now 25 and got married this summer. Neither of them make much money but are the best model of real love i've seen personally seen and both grew up in Queens. A lot of the time it comes down to a cultural thing.

I'm only 24 but if the right girl came along I wouldn't be opposed to a serious relationship either.
You are not a lethal combo of cold heart and shallow wallet

A nice girl will be waiting for you

Good luck!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You are not a lethal combo of cold heart and shallow wallet

A nice girl will be waiting for you

Good luck!
As usual, I come out with the short end, while rl and the other guy mentioned get their gals. Gotta go try another thread with kinder advice for this NY man seeking a good relationship. Bye.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM

Default wait a minute..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
As usual, I come out with the short end, while rl and the other guy mentioned get their gals. Gotta go try another thread with kinder advice for this NY man seeking a good relationship. Bye.

You don't like my advice?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
You don't like my advice?
Oh no, jingle, your advice is fantastic!!!!

problem is with me....see I am the NY man seeking that relationship but my attributes are warm wallet, deep heart, shallow woman.

What good is that?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:43 PM

14 posts, read 56,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rock View Post
Generally, men who have a hard time getting relationships, want a relationship. Men who have an easy time getting relationships, don't want a relationship.

As long as you're pretty and not into men from the latter category, you don't need to worry about finding a man.
I must say there's much truth to this statement because I've lived it and seen it. Actually, I've experienced both situations. I've been offered relationships when I have been careless and I haven't been offered a relationship when I care to have one. Please explain this for me. I think these scenarios occur due to a variety of social and personal factors. Some of these factors for me are the following. One thing that is clear to me is that when I've been more outgoing, I have had more opportunities to meet women.

However, I've had no relationship success in Los Angeles, whereas in San Francisco I was successful to the extent that I was willing to shell out the big bucks, and in New York I've always been successful regardless of what dollar amount I spend. New York is a large city that offers endless dating opportunity. I am an opportunistic guy and I expect to seize all of the opportunities that I get regardless of when and where the opportunity presents itself.

Basically, Los Angeles and New York have fundamentally different cultures and people and these are two very distinct cities. Based on that fact, I cannot ask Los Angeles to offer me the opportunities that New York offers and vice versa. I already know that I have to live in a very busy environment with endless opportunities within walking distance from anywhere. Los Angeles is not that place nor is it set up that way. In contrast, Manhattan is very much so that place. There are so many other factors that point to why I have yet to meet a human being I can interact with on the same level in Los Angeles.

Maybe someone can help me with this issue. For now I'm not living in my traditional neighborhood in Manhattan. I am in L.A. So, basically I need advice from my fellow native New Yorkers on what I need to do here in L.A. to give myself a chance of creating a social environment. I don't have any friends here in L.A. and it's very stressful not to know anybody or to be able to talk to anybody here.

Some people claim New York is a very stressful place, but surprisingly I feel very comfortable and at peace with myself and the world when I am surrounded by all the people in Manhattan and interact with all the people from every neighborhood and borough.

Conversely, I am always stressed out in Los Angeles. I hate to drive and somehow I'm forced to drive because every time I walk there is no where to walk to. I will walk for miles in every direction and I can't find any action, people or anything to do. Yet, I live in the most desirable part of L.A. on the Westside. Then, after I give up on walking I drive the car through every decent neighborhood and hangout spot in L.A. and I still can find nothing to do.

What can I possibly do to remedy this situation? I am not looking for a miracle answer or solution. But, obviously this thread is about relationships and as a New Yorker I find it next to impossible to develop a relationship let alone meet people in Los Angeles. Please help me!

Last edited by AlphabetCityNYC; 09-25-2008 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City