Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 06:24 PM

718 posts, read 2,324,257 times

Advertisements

I was referring to individuals/families heading east and not companies. The future of white collar jobs (especially banking) is not good in America and is much better overseas. At the end of the day there will be many jobless bankers that have to feed themselves and their family, and they will have to go overseas.

It is no loss to America as there is a shortage of banks to employ these people. Excess supply of workers have to go elsewhere. Once loneliness kicks in they will return to their homeland America with more money than they would had they stayed jobless. Just as Billy from Omaha comes and makes his money in NY and takes it back to the cornfield to raise the kids, our bankers and other corporate workers will go abroad, make loads of cash and bring it back to Uncle Sam once their homesickness consumes them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
America is in big trouble in both the short term and long term. Not only has it become an antisocial cultural wasteland with corporate America consuming people's lives, but the rock these zombies have rested upon, their very own corporate America, has failed them. There is not much left here if you are looking to live the white collar corporate yuppy high life. Pack your bags for the far east and tell Junior to sign off myspace and load up the Rosetta Stone Japanese until your plane departs.

I was somewhat with your post until the "corporations should head east part", that would only make things much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 AM

821 posts, read 1,038,574 times
I totally see myself in the future leaving the country to find work. The elite of this country have so screwed us. And they try to blame it on people's mortgages? Bull zhit!

Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,097,134 times
people in power have screwed us I agree

but bad loans are a huge part of what is happening, that is not BS

Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
people in power have screwed us I agree

but bad loans are a huge part of what is happening, that is not BS
Who gave out the bad loans and told the people that they were approved and trusted with the mortgage?

Old 11-21-2008, 10:44 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,981,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
I totally see myself in the future leaving the country to find work. The elite of this country have so screwed us. And they try to blame it on people's mortgages? Bull zhit!
I'm starting to feel the same way.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Who gave out the bad loans and told the people that they were approved and trusted with the mortgage?

There is much blame to go around, the consumers, the lenders, the lawmakers, the politicians, etc......etc............

many people contributed on both sides

deregualtion is to blame along with pushing the bad loans during the clinton years

Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,567,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Hey analytical, if you're leaving, are you putting that lovely Jackson Heights condo on the market? Any discounts for a nice fellow poster like me?

Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticalkeys View Post
Or maybe moving more in the direction of self sufficiency, solar power and farming. Maybe we need to end our dependency on a global market, obviously the global market is not dependable.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Or maybe moving more in the direction of self sufficiency, solar power and farming. Maybe we need to end our dependency on a global market, obviously the global market is not dependable.

too bad thats not going to happen since we just elected a president whose plateform was more goverment

we are headed in the direction of becoming more dependent on a goverment that contributed in screwing everything up in the first place

i liked your idea better about just moving to another country

j/k i love America

Old 11-21-2008, 11:02 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,567,959 times
Quote:
i liked your idea better about just moving to another country

j/k i love America
Sorry Rudbeckia, I think Joe Bama will still logon from overseas! Maybe the other idea of making him into the citydata bowling champion will keep him on the road, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City