Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desco View Post
born in brooklyn (cypress hills) but only lived there until i was ~4. Then off to long island until 8th grade. Had to move to staten island (father became the head of a city agency...so had to live in a borough) when i was ~14 and stayed in staten island through high school. After that was 4 years of moving around...from oklahoma to texas to germany to parts of the middle east, then back to germany, and then finally back to staten island when i was 22. Lived there for the past 3 years, but just got an apartment in the w.village.

I was going to try to find a way to work in a story the part about getting into one little fight, and being relocated to bel aire by my mother, but i just don't have the energy right now...
the prince of bel air.........funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 PM

24 posts, read 89,688 times
Born and raised in the South Bronx (Hunts Point), which is still where I call home today. Outside of NYC, I've spent some time in both Newark, Philly, and more recently, Connecticut.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:38 PM

155 posts, read 380,815 times
lived in riverdale, now i live in florida, i hate fl, and now in moving back to riverdale. lol

Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 PM

15 posts, read 80,277 times
Born in corona queens,moved to astoria then to brentwood LI finished HS there and in 88' moved to san antonio texas for a year then off to sunny fort lauderdale for 10 years then to bensonhurst for 2 years and back to fort laud and im contemplating going to dallas/ft worth tx. my story in a nut shell.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Born in Belize and moved to Bed-Stuy at age 8 in 1988; the height of the crack epidemic. Lived in Bed-Stuy until college when I moved out of the city.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,523 times
Born in brownsville brooklyn lives in seth low projects

Old 01-12-2009, 04:02 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
I don't know if I answered this and don't feel like looking back into all these pages, lol-- Astoria, Maspeth, Middle village, also Long Island

Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,304,632 times
I've been all over. My mom's family had been in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn since the 20's. Before that my grandfather lived in Park Slope on 9th St and my grandmother lived first in Williamsburg (N. 9th) and then by the Brooklyn Museum. My dad's family is from Boston. I was born in Bay Ridge and lived there as a baby, then lived near Boston from age 5 to 15. After that it was Bay Ridge for a few months, a year in Ireland, then central Jersey for a couple of years.

In '93 I went to NYU and lived the first year in the Village before moving in with relatives in Bay Ridge for the rest of the time at NYU, but I spent a year of college in France and all summers were somewhere else. I spent two of those summers in Boston and two in DC. After NYU I was in Boston for a year, in DC for a year, and then lived up by Columbia (W 105 and West End) in Park Slope (13th and 8th/PPW) before going back to Bay Ridge for a bit.

From 2001 to 2004 I was back at NYU and living in the Village, but spent summers of '02 and '03 in New Haven and Boston (I guess I like a change of scenery in the summer--actually, I had summer stipends that were less than my rent in NYC, so I went somewhere cheaper so I could eat and get a change of scenery).

After that I was in Park Slope again, then in France for six months, then in Boston for six months, then back in Bay Ridge short term, then I moved to LIC about a year ago and now I split time between there and just outside Boston. I live out of a suitcase but I'm used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City