Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You a MET Fan or a YANKEE Fan
Met Fan 25 26.32%
Yankee Fan 46 48.42%
Both Teams 8 8.42%
Other, please post 7 7.37%
Not Sure 1 1.05%
I do NOT like baseball. 8 8.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:27 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times

Advertisements

As regards the original question of this thread, it is heartening to see that as of this date, nobody has checked the "both teams" box. Real New Yorkers understand that you cannot be a fan of both teams. It has to be one, the other, or neither--and anyone who says otherwise isn't a real baseball fan (or a real New Yorker!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM

655 posts, read 1,992,242 times
I checked the Yankees but I don't hate the Mets. I watch Met games also and go to games with Met fans friends. I just like the idea of having two teams to read about it and watch.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
I checked the Yankees but I don't hate the Mets. I watch Met games also and go to games with Met fans friends. I just like the idea of having two teams to read about it and watch.
Well, I hate the METS, lol, mainly cause I hate Met fans. Met fans actually take more joy out of watching the Yankees lose, than to watch their own team win, and that drives me nuts.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM

655 posts, read 1,992,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
Well, I hate the METS, lol, mainly cause I hate Met fans. Met fans actually take more joy out of watching the Yankees lose, than to watch their own team win, and that drives me nuts.
Met fans make me laugh with how nervous and negative they can be sometimes.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
Met fans act this way only response to the way Yankee fans act towards them. If you don't understand this, then of course you are a Yankee fan, and I hope you're enjoying what's left of your season!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Met fans act this way only response to the way Yankee fans act towards them. If you don't understand this, then of course you are a Yankee fan, and I hope you're enjoying what's left of your season!
I hope your enjoying another collapse I'll always have the wonderful memories of the 2000 world series to fall back on

Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM

I hope your memories of the 2000 Series aren't faulty like every other Yankee fan I've run across. There weren't any blowouts--that series could just as easily have been a Mets sweep in four games. In fact, the Yankees didn't beat the Mets so much as the Mets beat themselves. The usual mythology of the Yankees being completely dominating didn't apply in 2000. And I'm completely fascinated to get your incisive commentary if the Mets do make it to the playoffs...while your heroes are watching at home.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I hope your memories of the 2000 Series aren't faulty like every other Yankee fan I've run across. There weren't any blowouts--that series could just as easily have been a Mets sweep in four games. In fact, the Yankees didn't beat the Mets so much as the Mets beat themselves. The usual mythology of the Yankees being completely dominating didn't apply in 2000. And I'm completely fascinated to get your incisive commentary if the Mets do make it to the playoffs...while your heroes are watching at home.
"Weren't any blowouts", "could just as easily have been a Mets sweep", "the Mets beat themselves" yada yada yada. Classic Mets fan "EXCUSES" ya lost!!!! plain and simple, ya lost. Doesn't matter if you lose 15-2 or 1-0, you lose, you lose.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,692 times
^^^ Yup, just like how the Yanks lost to the Red Sox..... after being up 3-0. Or the following year, how the Yanks lost to the Los Angles Angels of Anahiem who used to represent California and they play by Disney Land, in the first round. Or how the following year how they lost to the Tigers after winning game 1. I mean damn! the Mets took the Cards to 7 games and lost on a Strikeout. Geez, these guys swept Detroit! Or how about 2007, when they again LOST in the FIRST round. Getting beat by the Indians and some bugs. Gotta love post season Yanks ball. Oh...wait... there won't be a post season this year!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ Yup, just like how the Yanks lost to the Red Sox..... after being up 3-0. Or the following year, how the Yanks lost to the Los Angles Angels of Anahiem who used to represent California and they play by Disney Land, in the first round. Or how the following year how they lost to the Tigers after winning game 1. I mean damn! the Mets took the Cards to 7 games and lost on a Strikeout. Geez, these guys swept Detroit! Or how about 2007, when they again LOST in the FIRST round. Getting beat by the Indians and some bugs. Gotta love post season Yanks ball. Oh...wait... there won't be a post season this year!
Thank you! The short memory span of diehard Yankee fans never fails to amaze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City