Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:15 PM

9,239 posts, read 23,971,916 times

Advertisements

The biggest problem with that area is La Guardia airport.

The place is nice and the neighborhood is not bad but oh my god the noise from planes landing. It's right under a landing flight path and the planes almost touch the roofs.You can see the faces of the people in the planes !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 03:46 PM

556 posts, read 1,441,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The biggest problem with that area is La Guardia airport.

The place is nice and the neighborhood is not bad but oh my god the noise from planes landing. It's right under a landing flight path and the planes almost touch the roofs.You can see the faces of the people in the planes !
And the sewer smell...O well you get used to it lol

Old 09-25-2010, 12:10 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,015,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

the noise from planes landing

You can see the faces of the people in the planes !
= Sound+View?

Old 09-25-2010, 06:42 AM

9,239 posts, read 23,971,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
= Sound+View?
LOL. Maybe that's how it got it's name.
The very southern tip. Right across from the airport.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:30 PM

93 posts, read 246,230 times
lol Never thought of that. I think it does have potential to be prime real estate though. I mean, you have LaGuardia Airport right across the Bowery Bay. Sure it comes with the distant sound but I think many will find it pleasant. You have the great scene of LGA and planes flying to and from and the soozing accompanying sounds. Like Citi Field, the planes flying past during games. I love that atmosphere. You also have view of midtown, although very far and also suburbia. The distance from 6 train Morrison Av Soundview can be a good thing as you dont hear the train noise and feels even more suburban without the train. Plus, you have the Bruckner Plaza. Around the Plaza, I've seen a higher end diner and a cocktail lounge.

The Plaza has all the suburban needs
- Sporting goods stores Modell's and Jimmy Jazz
- Discount shopping Conway, Old Navy
- Groceries at Walbaums or Pathmark
- General ameneties pizzerias, convienience, phone retailers
- Theres a Toys R Us and couple other things. No electronic retailer except Radioshack though. A chain restaurant opening up there like Applebees, TGIs, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, IHOP would be nice. Maybe some more eateries and cafes like a Starbucks. And a Barnes n Noble.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM
R.M

1 posts, read 4,492 times
WOW! I had the same problem with the property and bank! The condos are beautiful but the owners and the management are very unorganized! You must use their bank if you buy directly from Harbour Pointe. The bank never completed my application, never received all my documents,etc. A lot of miss comunication! I am way pass my closing date. I have already started looking at other places

Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,312,179 times
The same can be said for those who live in the UES housing projects...same crackheads, same extreme generational poverty, yet there are multimillion dollar condos surrounding the housing projects.

It's call life in NYC. There are those who buy and invest, and those who sit back and whine/complain/criticize. I think it is clear which camp you are in. Hopefully you moved out of the neighborhood and are doing well in Reading, Pennsylvania.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:16 PM

556 posts, read 1,441,266 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned quote

I live down the street and Its more suburban then a few places Ive lived in LI.

Yea, to get thru you pass all the baddest projects around, but if you have a car its no big deal. I do worry about my GF taking the bus, as theres been shootings/stabbings people coming off the bus(and Cory Gunz was arrested at Bruncker Modells), but

NO ONE BOTHERS YOU AT ALL! And there are people on drugs walking around everywhere Ive gone were people congregate.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 02-04-2012 at 11:47 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,416 times
I moved to Harbour Pointe about 10 months ago, and my wife and I are really happy here. I’ve lived in the Bronx all my life, but never anything like Harbour Pointe- the community is gated and has security. Not only do we feel safe, but we have met so many great friends here. Our condo has views of the water and bridge. No regrets at all!!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 AM

5 posts, read 28,996 times
I'm considering buying a two family home in the community? Does anyone have any comments on what the quality of life is like in this community? Who lives there/ and are you happy in the condos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City