Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you as a New-Yorker support in the upcoming elections?
McCain/Palin 20 32.79%
Obama/Biden 33 54.10%
Other 8 13.11%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:56 AM

718 posts, read 2,325,071 times

Advertisements

Obama is a phony who morphs his personality to every audience he speaks to so he can appease to all. He has no actual character traits, hes a chameleon. Hes a house of cards built by oprah and other politicians who feel that having someone "hip" and simultaneously breaking the color barrier is the most important thing in our election (even though obama is hardly african-american). I dont understand how the american people trust this guy, look at his family tree they are a bunch of nomads. The apple never falls from a tree, so do you really want a bohemian soul searcher disguised as an Illinois junior senator as your president? This guy is promising the world and will not deliver half of what he is talking about.

McCain is awful and out of the times. However, I do at least feel a bit of honesty from the guy. I know what to expect.

Palin is horrendous. You can see she is just as scripted as obama. She should debate obama it would be the battle of the scripted personalities.

Joe biden is the most impressive of the 4. He is not perfect but if you appreciate someone who speaks their mind this guy isnt bad. Hes made some mistakes that people criticize him for, but I feel like he is the best politician with great experience. He is a regular guy people can relate to considering he doesnt put on a show of flowery eloquent language. However having him as a VP doesnt really help much.

With that said all these candidates are essentially the same. They will debate on small differences in taxes and war but really nobody is going after more important issues as to why the middle class is gone, such as the fact that our nation is a corporate dictatorship. Obama's 250k tax plan hurts middle class people in NY and California, as 250k there is the same thing as the guy making 100k in kentucky.

Goodbye America. this country is a victim of its own success
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:11 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,098,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
Obama is a phony who morphs his personality to every audience he speaks to so he can appease to all. He has no actual character traits, hes a chameleon. Hes a house of cards built by oprah and other politicians who feel that having someone "hip" and simultaneously breaking the color barrier is the most important thing in our election (even though obama is hardly african-american). I dont understand how the american people trust this guy, look at his family tree they are a bunch of nomads. The apple never falls from a tree, so do you really want a bohemian soul searcher disguised as an Illinois junior senator as your president? This guy is promising the world and will not deliver half of what he is talking about.

McCain is awful and out of the times. However, I do at least feel a bit of honesty from the guy. I know what to expect.

Palin is horrendous. You can see she is just as scripted as obama. She should debate obama it would be the battle of the scripted personalities.

Joe biden is the most impressive of the 4. He is not perfect but if you appreciate someone who speaks their mind this guy isnt bad. Hes made some mistakes that people criticize him for, but I feel like he is the best politician with great experience. He is a regular guy people can relate to considering he doesnt put on a show of flowery eloquent language. However having him as a VP doesnt really help much.

With that said all these candidates are essentially the same. They will debate on small differences in taxes and war but really nobody is going after more important issues as to why the middle class is gone, such as the fact that our nation is a corporate dictatorship. Obama's 250k tax plan hurts middle class people in NY and California, as 250k there is the same thing as the guy making 100k in kentucky.

DITC- you are being a little dramatic I think, but I agree with most of your post, besides the "small differences in taxes and war" . The differences are pretty stark in my oppinion.

But I agree, Obama promises the world. I think he will win, we will just have to see what he delivers.

And by the way, to everyone who is voting for Obama b/c of the tax returns he is promising, dont forget that he is also doing away with the Bush tax cuts. So in some cases depending on your income, your tax cuts will not be near as significant as Obama is promising.

A question for Democrats: Does it bother anyone that Bill Clinton, an extremely intelligent leader in the democratic party, does not like Obama?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:38 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,633,072 times
^^^ Bruised egos are hard to heal. The Clintons thought that they will pretty much cakewalk into the White House. Because of that sense of inevitability, her campaign was very little organized and didn't focus on the smaller states caucus and primaries, and instread focused on the big states. Her campaign manager was even foolish enough to believe that If Hillary wins California ( which she did), that she will win ALL the delegates. Which is true-if she we're a Republican ( Dems award delegates based on districts, Republicans has a 'winner takes all' system) Obama beating Hillary to be the Democractic nominee has no doubt humbled the Clintons to a degree. It is more of a legacy issue than anything. As for the election, as it stands right now, Obama looks like he will win in a landslide. It never amazes me how low the Republicans will go to win an election. Now Palin is charging that Obama has ties to "terrorist". This will only back fire in the GOP faces; Americans are sick and tired of childish name calling.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 AM

I think it is interesting that people brush off Bill's opinion of Obama to the above logic.

I think its easier to believe the "ego brusing" theory than to believe that a leader (arguable the #1 go to guy) in the Democratic party has reservations about Obama.

Hilary, rather than Obama, was a much better option for the presidency IMO.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM

Hillary and Obama agrees to pretty much the samething. ^^^ They're so similar that for some people it just came down to who you liked more. No could of predicted this economic meltdown that we're in. Though to Obama's credict, he did warn the public about a year back that the housing and credict crunch is going to hurt us down the road. This election is turing into the economy and how Bush ran us into the ground. If the polls hold true, Obama is going to smash McCain in this election.

Bill is an interesting case. He did major damage to himslef by calling Obama another "Jesse Jackson" and a "fairy tale". I personally think that Bill likes him, but as I stated before, I just think he didn't believe that Obama will be the leader of the Democractic party.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM

No actually they did somewhat differ. The problem is most people dont dig deep enough to sort it out and vote for who they "like". (of course when compared to McCain they are similarly against McCains ideas)
Primer: Obama vs. Clinton on the Top 10 Economic Policy Issues

Bill wins points with me by sticking by what he believes to be true about Obama, instead of just acting like a politician and taking the easy way out. If Bill did not hold so much influence over the democratic party, I think he would be much more vocal about his problems with Obama.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM

629 posts, read 901,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post

Great post. I'm a LIFELONG Democrat (except in this election). I ALMOST puke when I see Obama roll his 'sleeves up' when he's in a 'plant'. I'm sure you've seen photos with him wearing a pair of safety glasses too. His 'forearms' look like actual 'twigs'. He wouldn't have a clue about a 'hard days work' if someone tried to explain it to him. I guess ALL the 'community organizing' he did, couldn't build his arms up! LOL

Mcain on the other hand, 5 1/2 years in a POW camp, he knows more about 'hard times' than most people could even imagine. After living in Chicago, words can't describe how corrupt those polititions are. It's like a weekly news event, seeing one of their politions or 'cronies' getting indicted. Look at Il's former Govener Dan Ryan, he's in PRISON!

I never REALIZED how really BIAS and left wing the national media is too. I always just firgured that Bill O'reiley ranting about nothing. Its a BIG 'love fest' for Obama in the media. It's hard to see someone on those programs SAY anything bad about him. They act like they want to crucify Mcain though.

I heard Chris Rock talking about how many homes that Mcain owned compared to Obama's one. And that Obama would be worried about losing his. WHAT? Obama has made millions (from a book deal alone). Obama is an ELETIST like the rest of them. His wife was "never" proud of America til he got nominated? Where did she go to college? Harvard or Yale?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM

Gotta love the fear card. "left wing media" is the biggest oxymoron I ever heard since the majority of all media in the US is controlled by a few conglomerate of corporations who donate massive amounts of money to the GOP and conservative think tanks, but I digress.

I just find it funny that if someone can be born to a single parent who lived off food stamps, met his father only once, worked his way up through the world, attend Harvard and President of the Harvard Law Review and just finished paying off his college loans just a year ago, is considered an "eletist". When people say that, I just tune them out. It is like they're saying " We can't have Barack HUSSAIN Obama, the BLACK RADICAL from ultra LIBERAL CHICAGO be PRESIDENT! Did I mention that he's a MUSILM"!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM

629 posts, read 901,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Gotta love the fear card. "left wing media" is the biggest oxymoron I ever heard since the majority of all media in the US is controlled by a few conglomerate of corporations who donate massive amounts of money to the GOP and conservative think tanks, but I digress.

I just find it funny that if someone can be born to a single parent who lived off food stamps, met his father only once, worked his way up through the world, attend Harvard and President of the Harvard Law Review and just finished paying off his college loans just a year ago, is considered an "eletist". When people say that, I just tune them out. It is like they're saying " We can't have Barack HUSSAIN Obama, the BLACK RADICAL from ultra LIBERAL CHICAGO be PRESIDENT! Did I mention that he's a MUSILM"!
How many actors in Hollywood didn't start off with HUMBLE backgrounds? Some of them actors are the BIGGEST snobs in the WORLD and have ELETIST attitudes now that they made it. How about Obama's wife saying she "was never proud of America"?

I'd take Obama's childhood upbringing over the 5 1/2 years that Mcain spent in the POW camps of Vietnam.

If you think that the media ain't BIAS, your intitled to your opinon. But I would HAVE to DISAGREE with that. If you watch enough of the cable news you will see how it's slanted towards Obama BIG time.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,081 times
i'm not crazy about either one, but whoever wins I'm highly skeptical of what anyone can do considering the country is 11 trillion in debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City