Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:25 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
It seems this saobi dude is experiencing a long litany of unfortunate circumstances judging by his/her posts here. And they all seem to pertain to dining out.
You are forgetting the ones about excessive humidity and marble-dropping sounds.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You are forgetting the ones about excessive humidity and marble-dropping sounds.
Indeed. It seems that this individual is facing a whole heap of misfortunes. Hopefully one day he/she can sit down to enjoy a quiet, peaceful meal uninterrupted by any sounds except those of Nature and with a perfect, livable level of humidity to boot.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henna View Post
um... I don't think so.
lol.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
If I were the OP, I would have given the 20% tip if they really came onto me like they did to him. I wouldn't want to risk my safety for a few dollars. As soon as I'd leave, I'd get in touch with the police or whoever else I needed to.
according to welder you could never be a construction worker if you think that way.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
I'm with you. I (and my friends) would have immediately reported the incident to the police and returned to the restaurant with them, if necessary, to file a report. I would have also asked the police to do a fingerprint scan on the cell phone to prove that the chef had put his hands on it.

I would have then gone to a lawyer asap to find out what my legal options were.
WEL-L-L-L-L-L. . . . . . .

That would be THE RIGHT thing to do. But I have to admit, that what I really meant is that I would find a way to make them miserable later. I know how my "slow-to-enrage-but-I-don't-recommend-provoking-it- temper" works.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM

391 posts, read 1,249,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Gunpoint? Again with the MELO-DRAMATIC! If a gun is drawn, I'd cough the $ up right now! When I was 15 yrs old back in Pittsburgh, I had a guy draw a gun on me to rob me. I ran like a deer and he never did get my money. Standing up for yourself, and being held at gunpoint are two COMPLETELY different things! Don't try and make them out to be the SAME!
Im not saying theyre the same. What im saying is you don't know who's carrying guns/knives on them so its best not to escalate the situation.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:08 AM

629 posts, read 901,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
um... I don't think so.
LOL, Oh God, is that who this happened to? LOL, hey kid, if I were you, I'd be in when the 'street lights' come on. Leave the 'night life' for the MEN! LOL You can't 'handle' yourself in a Chinese restaurant in Mannhattan, and you want to hang out in the seedy sections of Asian countries? Next, you'll be telling us, how some 90 pound asian prostitute 'rolled' you!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
according to welder you could never be a construction worker if you think that way.
Miles, I don't expect WOMEN to think or act like a MEN. But maybe, YOU do. Maybe you can relate and have the mindset of a WOMAN. Some men are MORE feminane than others. Nothing to be ashamed of (I guess). You obviously are a passive man. No need to try and make men who ain't, feel like there's something wrong with being aggressive.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Im not saying theyre the same. What im saying is you don't know who's carrying guns/knives on them so its best not to escalate the situation.
That could be said about EVERY situation that somebody gets into. If I was that scared, I'd never leave the apt.

Last edited by Viralmd; 10-21-2008 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 10-21-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
Miles, I don't expect WOMEN to think or act like a MEN. But maybe, YOU do. Maybe you can relate and have the mindset of a WOMAN. Some men are MORE feminane than others. Nothing to be ashamed of (I guess). You obviously are a passive man. No need to try and make men who ain't, feel like there's something wrong with being aggressive.
Somehow I get this feeling that you are a dimunitive underweight man dressed in an outdated blue denim jacket and corduroy jeans with a 1950's necktie and a polka dot parasol to go. You probably work as a bookkeeper in the attic of an Asian real estate office in Flushing.

Sometimes when you are bored you take a break from your debits and credits and log on showing us what a brave machismo man you are. In your fantasy world, you become the Terminator character or maybe Mel Gibson or John Wayne. Your bravado is limitless. You shoot first and ask questions later when the floor is already littered with victims of your blazing fists and guns.

Then you saddle up and head on back to the office struggling down the stairs with a pair of heavy ledgers to tell yous boss that you've just balanced his checkbook

Good to be an online hero, isn't it? Isn't the internet wonderful where one can let go and be all that they wanted to be in life but could never achieve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City