Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 PM

185 posts, read 752,223 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a local governmental or church or community organization or other options during a food emergency for those who are housebound in the South Bronx? Food delivery or something. Are they able to assist quickly within a couple days? Very Urgent, all suggestions are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiArnez6 View Post
Does anyone know of a local governmental or church or community organization or other options during a food emergency for those who are housebound in the South Bronx? Food delivery or something. Are they able to assist quickly within a couple days? Very Urgent, all suggestions are welcome.
can a moderator or someone else provide some info for this gentleman? this shouldn't be happening in america or in nyc where a poster is forced to seek this emergency help for food like this.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:54 AM

48 posts, read 159,211 times
I found these online:

Food Bank For New York City Hunger, hungry, anti-hunger, hunger relief, www.foodbanknyc.org

Norwood News/LendAHand

Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM

Hey Desi, are you okay? Are you able to take advantage of the links provided for assistance?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Try Catholic Charities Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New York

No need to be Catholic - they help all people.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:18 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Are you telling me Desi that in the lifetime that you and your family have been in abject poverty, and have totally relied on government handouts/assistance/programs for everything, that you are unaware of a service/community organization/church that delivers food or would be willing to deliver food? Are you telling me that during your lifetime and parents lifetime of poverty, there is NOBODY to ask around you about such a service? And are you also telling me that you are sitting on the internet and incapable of doing a google search and in 5 seconds provides you with the answers you need. Your poverty stories are a joke and totally unbelievable. Gimme a break.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 PM

Wow, what did I miss? Here I thought he (she?) was just asking on behalf of someone else. I have not been paying attention!!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Are you telling me Desi that in the lifetime that you and your family have been in abject poverty, and have totally relied on government handouts/assistance/programs for everything, that you are unaware of a service/community organization/church that delivers food or would be willing to deliver food? Are you telling me that during your lifetime and parents lifetime of poverty, there is NOBODY to ask around you about such a service? And are you also telling me that you are sitting on the internet and incapable of doing a google search and in 5 seconds provides you with the answers you need. Your poverty stories are a joke and totally unbelievable. Gimme a break.

ok, now i am paying attention and my bs meter is way up.

I can't tell what's true and what's not, but come on, if you are down to one tuna fish can for two days between two people, yet you have travelled all over the US (Chicago, San Francisco, etc), lived in a nice house in New England and stayed at the Plaza, what did you do, pi ss away all your money?

DesniArnez6
"i grew up poor, at one point living in a tin shack with dirt floors next to a water tank, with holes in the roof, and frequent flooding getting everything on the floor drenched., so take my advice with context i am not very picky, but having lived the majority of life in America, and also having lived in a three story house in New england suberbs with stays at the plaza, i do know what nice living is"

Quote is from another forum (google desiarnez6 and dominican)

Old 10-21-2008, 05:13 PM

467 posts, read 1,684,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

I can't tell what's true and what's not, but come on, if you are down to one tuna fish can for two days between two people, yet you have travelled all over the US (Chicago, San Francisco, etc), lived in a nice house in New England and stayed at the Plaza, what did you do, pi ss away all your money?

DesniArnez6
"i grew up poor, at one point living in a tin shack with dirt floors next to a water tank, with holes in the roof, and frequent flooding getting everything on the floor drenched., so take my advice with context i am not very picky, but having lived the majority of life in America, and also having lived in a three story house in New england suberbs with stays at the plaza, i do know what nice living is"

lmao. go henna

Old 10-21-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

DesniArnez6

You have missed a lot, Henna. Below is one of my responses to Desi in another thread:

[i] tell ya, desi, I had to pull out the hanky after reading your post. The failures of our generous system to help you in life makes me feel that our taxpayer funded programs are a waste and that maybe we should save those tax dollars and return them back to the taxpayers since it's actually making life worse not better for you.

BTW, I'm not a good forum detective but I know an associate who is. I was just wondering, did you not say in another thread that you had a master's degree but in this thread you're a college dropout on the verge of homelessness?

Guess who the forum detective associate of mine is, Henna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: