Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM

101 posts, read 162,844 times

Advertisements

I know the Chinese government is sponsoring a Chinese food festival at the UN Delegate's Dining Room. The chefs are sent directly from China, and the menu has 200+ items, buffet style. It's only 25 per person. It ends on Oct 31.

But you have to make reservations first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 03:45 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saobi View Post
I know the Chinese government is sponsoring a Chinese food festival at the UN Delegate's Dining Room. The chefs are sent directly from China, and the menu has 200+ items, buffet style. It's only 25 per person. It ends on Oct 31.

will they be upset if I slurp?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:45 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,128 times
Quote:

Sounds good. I tried to Google it but didn't get much information. Is there a Web site or phone number to call to get more information and make reservations?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:05 PM

110 posts, read 308,952 times
No.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM

101 posts, read 162,844 times
A guide to information about the United Nations (http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/guide.htm#dining - broken link)

Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 PM

14 posts, read 52,076 times
I was intrigued by this post. I found what looks like their website:
Delegates Dining Room

However, it says that next week will be the Peru food festival.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:

Thank you Mr. or Ms. saobi for letting us know about this event. Please excuse the apprehension some of us might have about checking out this event. We've read some of your threads where you were accused of slurping in one, you were attacked in a Chinatown restaurant in another, and you heard marbles rolling in the night when you slept in yet another.

Thus one might be a little superstitious and a little hesitant to attend this event pointed out by you.

Hopefully others who aren't as scared of their own shadow as I am will be interested.

Happy dining and may you have many moons of enjoyable food at this event and others.

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 10-25-2008 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davisdartman View Post
I was intrigued by this post. I found what looks like their website:
Delegates Dining Room

However, it says that next week will be the Peru food festival.
Hmmm. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 AM

195 posts, read 741,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Thank you Mr. or Ms. saobi for letting us know about this event. Please excuse the apprehension some of us might have about checking out this event. We've read some of your threads where you were accused of slurping in one, you were attacked in a Chinatown restaurant in another, and you heard marbles rolling in the night when you slept in yet another.

Thus one might be a little superstitious and a little hesitant to attend this event pointed out by you.

Hopefully others who aren't as scared of their own shadow as I am will be interested.

Happy dining and may you have many moons of enjoyable food at this event and others.
In this economic downturn and the Chinese Government loaned $525 billions to our government. I will definitely go. After all they might loan me $1 billion! Enjoy the foods and possibly a jackpot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City