Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:51 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

getting a residence permit with range and hunting authorization in nyc is very easy, all it takes is a clean record and the money to cover the costs which by the time your done can hit around 1000.00 bucks.. you cant get the permit without owning a gun so all in all its expensive. it takes over 6 months too.. you almost will never get a carry permit but soooo far it looks like carrying with the residence permit may be nothing more than an administrative violation and may get your permit revoked but dont quote me on this as you never hear of any cases involving it.

i thought gun control was about hitting your target?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 10:16 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Remember Bernie Goetz? IF he is still alive I hope his conviction and civil lawsuit judgment can be overturned and he receives a pardon. The recent SCOTUS decision in Heller vs D.C. will eventually result in the repeal of all the restrictive gun control laws in NY, MA, NJ and other states that do not give a damn about the Bill of Rights.

GL2

Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
gangbangers will always get guns. you wana takem away from those who oppose gangbangers right? you figure if mommy doesn't have a gun then they wont harm her right? australia did this not too long ago. crime went up not down.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Wink Ohhh THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiArnez6 View Post
To be fair, Bill Ayers has his "past", doesn't affect the future.

And in the two boys shot down, only ONE gun was actually "found", the family claims it was planted. NYPD has currently not stated specifically "who" the gun belongs to.

Gun Control is an issue that I have probably brought my viewpoint up from the South and Caribbean.

The Right to Bear Arms is HUGE in the South. I am telling you for certain, that If this were changed on the Federal Level, you would seriously see an uprising in the south not seen since the civil war. Dead serious on this one. Down there there is not one ounce of compromise.

I do NOT believe in Gun Control. If you got a problem, with people violating the law, then go after THOSE People.

You all know that GUN Control will be just as effective as the Prohibition (Alcohol) and the WAR on drugs. Gun control will just give gangs and mafia another hot market to build themselves up on.

In the Dominican Republic, almost EVERYONE is armed. And knowing of certain individuals involved in crimes down there, they are FULLY conscious of who is Armed, and areas in the countryside with heavy gun ownership. Many of the robbers are cowards and will not venture into areas where gun ownership is high.

I mean really, who thinks that Texas will be FIRST stop on some coward criminal's list for a robbery. No, chances are, Texas will be LAST stop, for good reason.

Regardless of gun laws, I hear more gun shots here in the BRONX than I EVER did down south.
Dear Desi! Here I was thinking I'd have to try to summarize the whole damned thing in one parpagraph soz to enlighten our OP'r,who seems to be honestly interested in a solution to violence. And then along comes your v. well written, insightful and honest post, and, voila, I don't need to say anything else.

Well, except one little thing, please, to the original OP. Puh-leeeeze! Don't buy into the lib-media's endless, mindless tarring of the NRA with such a nasty brush. You're obviously smarter and less naive than that! Groups always bad-mouth the things or organizations who are the biggest threat to their selfish points of view. Sorta like, for example, Christians' views and comments on atheists. (i.e.: "Atheists have no ethics, no behavoral standards, and are just selfish and combative!"). The NRA is only "in bed" with gun manufacturers to the extent that those manufacturers are NOT responsible for crime. People's bad behavior and lack of ethics are! Are drunk drivers "in bed" with the auto manufacturers? Are the pharmaceutical companies "in bed" with Oxycontin abusers?

Thank god it's no easy thing to change our valuable Constitution by whim or for political blaspheming. THAT should make you happy and proud of our country, not the other way around. Don't buy into the usual lib clap-trap nonsense. Learn the unique smell of politico-BS when it's in the air.

As DesiArnez said so very well, it's simple! Go after the lawbreakers. What is so mystical about that? Of coure it doesn't get guns outlawed, which is the ultimate goal of most gun-control advocates. They Know Best, after all. And an efffective enforcement of existing laws (there's over 20,000 laws extant on guns alone. Enough already!) would quickly point out the foolishness of more laws. Which would defeat their larger goal of banging on my door, dragging my butt out into the steet and forcefully going through my house to steal my rightfully owned property. Ain't gonna happen. Not without a fight for our rights, fellas!

Thanks for asking, though. Stay sceptical!

Last edited by rifleman; 11-30-2008 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City