U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 AM

821 posts, read 924,816 times

Advertisements

Wow the South Bronx ain't seen that many white people since the 1950's!
I'm just kidding, great pics, looks like fun if your into that kinda thing.
I used to drive by that spot every Friday on my way to the Jetro to get food for the Deli.
BTW, people can smoke cigarettes inside there? I saw a picture of a guy smoking with a drink.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 PM

8,747 posts, read 17,256,638 times
Alot of people come just for the party,....but there are also quite a few that are living here and are moving here....who knew! I dunno about the cigarettes, but these parties have all sorts of "things" happening. =)

Old 11-12-2008, 12:39 PM

348 posts, read 1,185,445 times
Hey Joe, actually that pic could easily have been one of the ones taken outside.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,095,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCwoman View Post
Hey Joe, actually that pic could easily have been one of the ones taken outside.
nice save.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM

396 posts, read 949,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecraw View Post
I'd estimate 99% of these kids are from other states. Btw, what's with all the tattoos? Disgusting. I'm sure their parents are proud of em. I can remeber when kids worked hard,took a few civil service tests, and thought about raising a family.
Only 99%? what's funny is that over 2/3 of the Bronx is people of color and this is in the South Bronx and 99% of those people in the photo are White/White Hispanics and Asians (who normally live among Whites). What's wrong there? No Black or Puerto Rican or Dominican folks? And THAT, my friends, is photographic evidence of why most of us are not gung-ho about the "rebuilding" of the South Bronx.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
nice save.
Spank, spank, Miles. First you feed the troll, then you flirt with married City Data women, and now you making fun of me! LOL!

No, seriously, the Bruckner has a lot of outdoor space in the vicinity (like the area under the bridge) without a lot of traffic where people can spill out into. So, I am sure that is where that pic was taken.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha83 View Post
Only 99%? what's funny is that over 2/3 of the Bronx is people of color and this is in the South Bronx and 99% of those people in the photo are White/White Hispanics and Asians (who normally live among Whites). What's wrong there? No Black or Puerto Rican or Dominican folks? And THAT, my friends, is photographic evidence of why most of us are not gung-ho about the "rebuilding" of the South Bronx.
Its true, its the uninclusive colonialist attitude. I hope that next time they will try to include the people that have been there for decades.
Gentrification can be done the "right way." In a way where the natives feel a part of the change instead of threatend by the change.
More community involvement!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Let's try to keep this thread positive, if that is at all positive. There are plenty of other threads that degenerate into fear-mongering and hostile get-you-nowhere nothingness...

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE ANGER!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Spank, spank, Miles. First you feed the troll, then you flirt with married City Data women, and now you making fun of me! LOL!

No, seriously, the Bruckner has a lot of outdoor space in the vicinity (like the area under the bridge) without a lot of traffic where people can spill out into. So, I am sure that is where that pic was taken.
So he was drinking an open alcoholic beverage in public!
Sheesh! these people get away with everything!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Let's try to keep this thread positive, if that is at all positive. There are plenty of other threads that degenerate into fear-mongering and hostility...

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE ANGER!
Ok, I'm sorry, Its just some photgraphic evidence that I've never seen before. It has ignited some issues that I felt necessary to discuss at the moment.
But anyway, Rock on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City