Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM

184 posts, read 359,432 times

Advertisements

the great roti shop at the Corner of Church Ave and Rogers in Flatbush

I know this place has been closed and re-opened probably more times than I've eaten there but when I was last there around Labor Day Weekend it was still closed

people in and around Flatbush- what's going on here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
the great roti shop at the Corner of Church Ave and Rogers in Flatbush

I know this place has been closed and re-opened probably more times than I've eaten there but when I was last there around Labor Day Weekend it was still closed

people in and around Flatbush- what's going on here?
the demand for rotis seems to have declined as more people are switching to pitas.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,043 times
I think its still closed. I can recomend another place in the neighborhood though, "Errol's" on Flatbush Ave. and Hawethorne- really good!
And if you wanna travel to Bed Stuy. Take the B44 bus down New York Ave. Get off at Fulton Street and Nostrand Ave. walk half a block up Fulton to "Ali's Trinidadian Roti Shop" also really good!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
I think its still closed. I can recomend another place in the neighborhood though, "Errol's" on Flatbush Ave. and Hawethorne- really good!
And if you wanna travel to Bed Stuy. Take the B44 bus down New York Ave. Get off at Fulton Street and Nostrand Ave. walk half a block up Fulton to "Ali's Trinidadian Roti Shop" also really good!
Isn't there an Ali's on Flatbush Ave as well?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:45 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,043 times
Quote:
Isn't there an Ali's on Flatbush Ave as well?
Yes there is, but thats not as good as the Ali's on Fulton. You know its good when there is always a line.
Errol's Bakery is down the block form the Ali's on Flatbush Ave.

I like the food from fisherman's Cove on Church Ave and E21ST Street. Their Jerk Chicken is the best!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 PM

749 posts, read 2,454,248 times
Where can I get a proper Roti in Midtown or the Financial District? I've tried that place on 34th just behind 7th ave, didn't like it, tried Veronica's stand on Front Street, didn't like it, although her jerk chicken and sides are good. Tried Shirley's stand on whitehall, same story. The only place that I've had that was really, really good was on canal and hudson at some non-descript deli run by trinis, but they for some sanity-defying reason decided to stop selling it even though it would sell out in 15 minutes every Friday, the only day they made it.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskit View Post
The only place that I've had that was really, really good was on canal and hudson at some non-descript deli run by trinis, but they for some sanity-defying reason decided to stop selling it even though it would sell out in 15 minutes every Friday, the only day they made it.

i've seen other food shops that keep selling miscellaneous food items for sanitary defying reasons. so your vendors stopped for sanity defying raesons, the ones I've observed don't stop for sanitary defying reasons. can't win , i guess.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 AM

Nio's used to have a truck parked on Wall St somewhere- I forget which corner though...maybe the corner of Front St really close to the FDR

is that cart still there? I will sit on the street corner in the cold to eat this roti

Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Nio's used to have a truck parked on Wall St somewhere- I forget which corner though...maybe the corner of Front St really close to the FDR

is that cart still there? I will sit on the street corner in the cold to eat this roti
I've seen a Trinidad Roti Vehicle near Water and Pine, sometimes on Front Street between Maiden Lane and Wall Street. Don't know if it's the same one you're referring to.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I've seen a Trinidad Roti Vehicle near Water and Pine, sometimes on Front Street between Maiden Lane and Wall Street. Don't know if it's the same one you're referring to.
yes! Maiden Lane thats the one

is it still there? If I go mid-day next Wednesday around 11am will it be there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City