Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:50 PM

14 posts, read 37,631 times

Advertisements

Whatsup guys,
Thanks for all your advice on my last post. I got another question. The other day i was in Rego Park, walking around Saunders Street, and notice a lot of apartment buildings (the buildings were named after different states, the california, the tennessee, ect.). Does anybody know anything about these buildings? Are they nice apartments, well maintained, the rent, and do they do they check your credit score?
thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 07:35 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkar123 View Post
Whatsup guys,
Thanks for all your advice on my last post. I got another question. The other day i was in Rego Park, walking around Saunders Street, and notice a lot of apartment buildings (the buildings were named after different states, the california, the tennessee, ect.). Does anybody know anything about these buildings? Are they nice apartments, well maintained, the rent, and do they do they check your credit score?
thanks for the help!
I haven't yet been in one of the buildings but Saunders Street is considered by many to be a good address.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:47 PM

536 posts, read 2,349,007 times
My titi's building on Wetherole was beautiful, so I'm sure a street over is no exception.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysocks View Post
My titi's building on Wetherole was beautiful, so I'm sure a street over is no exception.
i actually like the trio of rego park, forest hills, kew gardens. each has its own pluses/minuses but overall not bad places to live.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 PM

536 posts, read 2,349,007 times
^^ Rego Park is considered the "worst" of the three, but that's like saying Return of the Jedi is the worst of the original star Wars movies. some people don't like the lack of an LIRR station, but I honestly prefer the subway (fewer obnoxious drunk frat boys and teenage girls), so I'd have no problem living in RP. Classier than Middle Village/Maspeth but more down to earth than FH and KG, haha.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM

467 posts, read 1,684,592 times
I just moved over there. Not on that street, but close. I looked in an apt building on Saunders and it was nice. There are a lot of coops and rentals over there. If you look around, there are phone numbers on a lot of the buildings. Give a call, and take a look. I also see a lot of open houses around there. So walk around and explore. It's a good place to live. I like being right there by the subway, and I have walked to the LIRR in Forest Hills to go see my fam in LI, and that wasn't a bad walk. I'm close to the border of FH though.

So, yeah check out the area. There are a lot of places for rent or to buy, and it's prewar so they are spacious and nice, but old. And if you have a car, parking is horrible. You don't NEED one though. Good luck! =)

Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
. And if you have a car, parking is horrible. You don't NEED one though. Good luck! =)
Thanks for saying that jax. I'm moving from the UWS to The Rego Park/Forest Hills/Kew Gardens area - presently looking at all 3, and one factor for my chosen areas is that I don't want to purchse a car for quite a few years as I'm saving to buy a home and I can do without that additional expense now. I'd also rather put the money saved on not needing a car toward either a nice 1 bedroom or a two bedroom unit. I'd like to be able to walk to groceries, coffee shops, stores, use bus/subway, rent zipcar occasionally, etc. I think those areas seem good to be able to not NEED a car. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 PM

14 posts, read 37,631 times
Yeah, I saw the phone numbers on the buildings, but i was just curious about how the apartments looked and the rent for a 2 bedroom. Are all those buildings under the same landlord? Because all of the buildings had the same theme (names of different states).

Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,792,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkar123 View Post
Yeah, I saw the phone numbers on the buildings, but i was just curious about how the apartments looked and the rent for a 2 bedroom. Are all those buildings under the same landlord? Because all of the buildings had the same theme (names of different states).
Where at on Saunders St. I'm interested.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Saunders St runs from Eliot Ave to 67th Ave,just 7 blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City