Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 PM

11 posts, read 25,398 times

Advertisements

The other guy who posted the stuff about Baltimore? That's my brother....Yes, he's never been mugged before but he's only lived there for a 6 month internship with an investment bank (he lived in Philly for 4 years for college).

I was just a bit concerned after reading one of the bigger threads on this forum...it's somewhere here, titled "Have you ever been mugged?" or something like that. Maybe they either all exaggerated or what. At least the way you guys are reacting, it's making me feel better.

Maybe I won't have to bring anything after all haha.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslicker585 View Post
The other guy who posted the stuff about Baltimore? That's my brother.....

oh, ok. He must be your twin brother because the guy who posted all the stuff about Baltimore was also 21 years old, same as you say you are.

you're completely believable.
Both of you.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:37 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
oh, ok. He must be your twin brother because the guy who posted all the stuff about Baltimore was also 21 years old, same as you say you are.

you're completely believable.
Both of you.
and they're identical twins as they say identical things. Wow!

Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

And by the way, your "brother" said he went to Brown University. Brown is in Rhode Island, not Philly. Above you say your "brother" was in Philly for college for 4 years.

At least if you are going to spin a story for us, make it believable.

Oh, maybe now you'll tell us that was a third brother who is also 21. Triplets! Your parents must be proud.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
At least if you are going to spin a story for us, make it believable.
and I do give discounts to honorable fellow posters for my fiction writing workshop.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:46 PM

so what if he wanted to lie about his age and where he graduated from? when you post something in a forum, lots of people from the same area are going to read it and with enough clues they can figure out who you are in real life. It's only smart to do so. He's really from philly, not brown. Who knows....maybe he joins some racial debate or political debate on one of these forums and angers somebody....you never know. I don't know why anyone would give out too much real information in internet forums. And he's definitely not 21. He's going to grad school in Baltimore, and he's not working at all, unlike what he wrote in that post.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:21 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Maybe if you're coming here with stories like this, you'll need those stun guns and switchblades, after all!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslicker585 View Post
so what if he wanted to lie about his age and where he graduated from? when you post something in a forum, lots of people from the same area are going to read it and with enough clues they can figure out who you are in real life. It's only smart to do so. He's really from philly, not brown. Who knows....maybe he joins some racial debate or political debate on one of these forums and angers somebody....you never know. I don't know why anyone would give out too much real information in internet forums. And he's definitely not 21. He's going to grad school in Baltimore, and he's not working at all, unlike what he wrote in that post.

Oh, great. Now he's going to be mad at you for revealing the truth. And he will regret giving you his password. But I guess twins probably can't stay mad at each other for long.

And if you think it's good to lie on these forums, should we assume you are writing lies too?

Wait...I think we have a bigger problem to solve. If someone says to you, "I always lie" are they lying or telling the truth???

Old 11-21-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Oh, great. Now he's going to be mad at you for revealing the truth. And he will regret giving you his password. But I guess twins probably can't stay mad at each other for long.

And if you think it's good to lie on these forums, should we assume you are writing lies too?

Wait...I think we have a bigger problem to solve. If someone says to you, "I always lie" are they lying or telling the truth???
i'm outta here for a few days once henna starts checking on credibility of posters' stories. nice knowing you fellas. i got a church dance to attend.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 PM

So while Henna here is still bathing in his/her newfound satisfaction of being such a hero and feeling high-headed about his obvious keen abilities to sleuth out the 63% of information found on the internet that probably isn't totally true, I just wanted to say that: If what my me or my brother says on these forums had absolutely no truth in them at all, we would not spend 10-15 minutes typing stuff out and spending hours reading what the posters before us wrote (I spent a while reading all the posts about muggings on this forum which led me to ask this question). And yes, I do own all those weapons, and I wouldn't be asking about crime or the legality about those particular weapons if I didn't own them right?

So Henna, since you're so instinctive, you'd be perfect for working for Wikipedia in scumming out the 33% of information found on the internet that is found to be false. Now don't get me wrong here; I do find it annoying if posters post fake information but then again, it's always stupid to give out all your information and have people know who you are in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City