Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
I mean, I just dont get it,
Have you read the report that you posted

Everything in your post goes agianst it.

So you havent seen not even one???
I dont get why have to posted this link that only hurts your statements and helps mine..
Also check my link with thousand of court that have deny a GOLUB notice.

how does it help you? the decision was appealed and the landlord won.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
He doesnt know what he is talking about, since his own link states that most of them lose in court because of no real valid reason for the notice.
But I wish it was true, that way maybe this law would die faster
because they dont do a good job of presenting it in court. same way that oj walked.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,493,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
how does it help you? the decision was appealed and the landlord won.
Yes, but the LL WANTED THE APARTMENT FOR HIMSELF...
Which is a valid reason under the law, like I said only ofr family members.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:27 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
Quote:
Who said people on rent stablized apt. are poor? this is misleading
Where in my statement did I say rent stabilized tenants were poor? Let me put it another way. If a person lived in a 1 bedroom rent stabilized apt paying $1700 a month and they got the basics, a tiny kitchen, small refrigerator, no counter space, and regular bathroom, 1 tiny closet etc.

If they could pay $2500 with no problem and get a better kitchen, a walk in closet, along with a couple of more closets in better building, wouldn't they move?

The $1700 is what they can afford.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
because they dont do a good job of presenting it in court. same way that oj walked.
Like your link stated, most of them,,,
you know, let me just post it again...
from your own link.

Quote:
Currently, the law permits the recovery of an unlimited number of regulated apartments as long as the owner can demonstrate a good-faith desire to utilize the recovered units as the owner's (and/or an immediate family member's) primary residence.
Many of these cases never get to the merits and will often turn on the sufficiency of predicate notices, with those found to be factually deficient triggering a dismissal.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM

oh and have you read mine?
Housing Court Decisions

Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, but the LL WANTED THE APARTMENT FOR HIMSELF...
Which is a valid reason under the law, like I said only ofr family members.
oh my god....you're missing my whole point....

the landlord can SAY that they want the apartment for themselves, but is that really the case? nobody follows up to verify that the landlord is indeed using it. and thats how you get over.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
Quote:
oh my god....you're missing my whole point....

the landlord can SAY that they want the apartment for themselves, but is that really the case? nobody follows up to verify that the landlord is indeed using it. and thats how you get over.
Well I would suggest that if anyone was evicted for this reason that they follow up and make sure that the landlord is using the apt for himself.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 AM

cmja79, you're not reading what you post. it says that the cases are found unmerited due to predicate notices and they are dismissed. they are dismissed over stupid paperwork. or factually deficient which means that the landlord didnt do a good job of presenting the case.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Where in my statement did I say rent stabilized tenants were poor? Let me put it another way. If a person lived in a 1 bedroom rent stabilized apt paying $1700 a month and they got the basics, a tiny kitchen, small refrigerator, no counter space, and regular bathroom, 1 tiny closet etc.

If they could pay $2500 with no problem and get a better kitchen, a walk in closet, along with a couple of more closets in better building, wouldn't they move?

The $1700 is what they can afford.
Ok, first I dont know if you have seen one of this rent stabilized apartment, they are not tiny, some of them are, others are huge.
And NO, they would never leave the apartment, people kill for a rent stabilized apartment, and they wont let it go, since they know at the end they can get a bailout, especially an apartment reaching the 2,000 where the LL would love to kick them out declare vacancy and release the apartment from its government control.
NO, these people are not stupid, they will live there for a few more year and get a nice paycheck at the end, getting all of his rent back,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City