Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
The only ignorant poster who write exaggerated, ridiculous, anachronistic statements is Forest_Hill_Daddy.
Have you understood? You are the only ignorant here.
First of all, I'm an italian (who has lived in USA) and I know MY country better than you.
First of all.
Second, I have a degree in History of Art.
Third, none is denying Florence (or Athens) importance in human history: but if you write "Florence is more important than NYC due to its primary role during Renaissance era" you write an anachronistic exaggeration.
As if I wrote "London pales in comparison to Athens because Athens is the cradle of Western World civilization".
Get real.
We live in 2013.
Another non sequitur, as are most of your comments in this thread. That's usually a sign of desperation.

But yes, you can claim to have whatever degree you want as long as it's done in anonymity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Another non sequitur, as are most of your comments in this thread.

But yes, you can claim to have whatever degree you want as long as it's done in anonymity.
Yawn...
I guess you're upset 'cause I make you realizing you wrote countless exaggerated, anachronistic statements.
Sorry

Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Yawn...
I guess you're upset 'cause I make you realizing you wrote countless exaggerated, anachronistic statements.
Sorry
Double yawn. There are only 27 pages in this thread so even the total number of statements I have made are not "countless" except to inempt peope who cannout count.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Double yawn. There are only 27 pages in this thread so even the total number of statements I have made are not "countless" except to inempt peope who cannout count.
You're right, maybe not countless... But that doesn't change the fact that you wrote exaggerated, ridiculous, anachronistic statements.
I have another one: modern Sparta is more important than Paris

Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
But that doesn't change the fact that you wrote exaggerated, ridiculous, anachronistic statements.
But I just showed that it was really you who was making exaggerated statements or are just being dumb. How can something that fits 27 pages be "countless"?

Quote:
I have another one: modern Sparta is more important than Paris
Non sequitur. You seem to be fond of making fallacious posts. Is that what they taught you in "history of art"?

Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
But I just showed that it was really you who was making exaggerated statements or are just being dumb. How can something that fits 27 pages be "countless"?
Oh yeah... you're such a smart person.
In particular when you value a city's culture by its chinese take-outs and italian restaurants.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ut-new-19.html
Wow...

Quote:
Non sequitur. You seem to be fond of making fallacious posts. Is that what they taught you in "history of art"?
I just wrote a stupid statement similar to "NYC pales in comparison to Florence"

Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah... you're such a smart person.
In particular when you value a city's culture by its chinese take-out and italian restaurants.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ut-new-19.html
Wow...
Smarter than you obviously, but then you have a "history of art" degree so your inability to follow logic, use analysis and quantify is understandable. If you even read the link you posted, you will see it was not I who brought up cuisine as a way to measure a city. You failed again. Might have something to do with studying history of art.

Quote:
I just write a statement similar to "NYC pales in comparison to Florence"
Oh sure...this is a discussion thread. You can write whatever non sequiturs you want. They're still non sequiturs, get it?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Smarter than you obviously, but then you have a "history of art" degree so your inability to follow logic, use analysis and quantify is understandable. If you even read the link you posted, you will see it was not I who brought up cuisine as a way to measure a city. You failed again.
People who aren't able to discuss love to insult people... "ignorant", "your inability to follow logic" etc etc... I guess Henry is right: you are just full of animosity against NYC - for some reasons I ignore - and love arguing with people who disagree with you - or don't love Florence ... ok, I get it

Quote:
Oh sure...this is a discussion thread. You can write whatever non sequiturs you want. They're still non sequiturs, get it?
You get angry when people disagree with you... Ok, I get it.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
People who aren't able to discuss love to insult people... "ignorant", "your inability to follow logic" etc etc... I guess Henry is right: you are just full of animosity against NYC - for some reasons I ignore - and love arguing with people who disagree with you - or don't love Florence ... ok, I get it
You're getting lost again. You posted a link (supposedly about dining) and made a pronouncement that you cannot defend and now you are digressing. Is this your new strategy?

Quote:
You get angry when people disagree with you... Ok, I get it.
Saying that NYC is not #1 in arts and culture is not being angry. Can a history of art major comprehend that?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
You're getting lost again. You posted a link (supposedly about dining) and made a pronouncement that you cannot defend and now you are digressing. Is this your new strategy?
Er... who was the first poster that has resorted to insult?
Did I call you ignorant first?
No.

Quote:
Saying that NYC is not #1 in arts and culture is not being angry. Can a history of art major comprehend that?
Ok, do you still want to discuss?
Well, as I wrote before I agree with Henry: you are so full of animosity against NYC to - I add - the point that you lose the ability to understand that people may disagree with you and start attacking and insulting...
Are you able to discuss without insulting and mocking other people's opinions as "non sequitur", "Is a minimum level of IQ too much to ask from you??" and so on?
What I shame that I didn't realize it earlier
My fault...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City