Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times

Advertisements

to the fullest extent of the law, providing he is guilty???? This is about the 25y/o girl, Laura Garza, who has disappeared from a NYC rich -kids' -club. According to the Daily News information on the internet, he is a handsome, charismatic owner of a Quiznos' Sub franchise, drives a fancy car, own his own condo, and is the son of retired Deputy Chief of Police.

He has been arrested several times for attacking women, and seems to enjoy terrorizing them to the point that he masturbates over them, while committing his attacks, on parole for over 6 years', yet never has been incarcerated. He already has an attorney, and the support of his powerful father.

My question is: DO YOU THINK HE WILL BE PROSECUTED THIS TIME, IF HE IS INDEED GUILTY, WITH PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST LAWYER'S IN NY. Your opinion, please, and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,391 times
This is the same story about the girl that was abducted by the sex offender or a different story??

Ladies: NEVER go home with someone from a club/bar, i was stupid and in college not that long ago too, but NYC is not the place to randomly go home with strangers, be safe.

Everytime I see a story like this it reminds me of the Columbia girl that was tourtured. So sad.

Surely the guy will be prosocuted no matter how good his lawer is or who the guy's daddy is

Old 12-08-2008, 01:21 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
He will probably be held in solitary confinement unfortunately,but if they want to get you in prison they will find a way. What happens to subhumans like him is they will pass a knife under his cell and give him a choice.(a)kill yourself or (b)we will kill you the first chance we get. It is a shame that New York doesn't have or enforces the death penalty because if this had happened in Texas this subhuman would be on death row. I hope he gets life in prison,he is unfit to live in the outside world. People like him can't be cured.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:04 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
He will probably be held in solitary confinement unfortunately,but if they want to get you in prison they will find a way. What happens to subhumans like him is they will pass a knife under his cell and give him a choice.(a)kill yourself or (b)we will kill you the first chance we get. It is a shame that New York doesn't have or enforces the death penalty because if this had happened in Texas this subhuman would be on death row. I hope he gets life in prison,he is unfit to live in the outside world. People like him can't be cured.
I agree with you that people like him cannot be cured, but I do not believe in the death penalty for many reasons: And one of them is that if he is indeed convicted and put in prison, (which I doubt with such a powerful father and attorney, even if his DNA is all over the place, he may only get a few years' in jail) and if he is put to death, that will be a short-lived pain. However, if he is allowed to rot in jail, for the rest of his life, with no foreseable parole, he will pay for his deeds every second of his life......

And he will have to be watching over his shoulders every minute of the day/night, without any small amount of peace!!!! To me, keeping him alive in a maximum-security prison, is punishment enough............

Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
I hear the guy was only like 23 years old or something

How he end up owning a franchise

Old 12-09-2008, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
to the fullest extent of the law, providing he is guilty???? This is about the 25y/o girl, Laura Garza, who has disappeared from a NYC rich -kids' -club. According to the Daily News information on the internet, he is a handsome, charismatic owner of a Quiznos' Sub franchise, drives a fancy car, own his own condo, and is the son of retired Deputy Chief of Police.

He has been arrested several times for attacking women, and seems to enjoy terrorizing them to the point that he masturbates over them, while committing his attacks, on parole for over 6 years', yet never has been incarcerated. He already has an attorney, and the support of his powerful father.

My question is: DO YOU THINK HE WILL BE PROSECUTED THIS TIME, IF HE IS INDEED GUILTY, WITH PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST LAWYER'S IN NY. Your opinion, please, and thank you.
No. I don't think he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent b/c he appears to have money. And the simple fact that she is supposedly is "missing" even though a machete was found, and the apartment was thoroughly bleached.
Sad. Its even more sad b/c she is just a year older than me, and I'm thinking about moving from South Tx to New York as well.
Back on topic, national attention has been brought to this story, but he won't go to jail and after a year or two we won't know whether he went to jail or didn't go.
Strange that he is so young to be so crazy.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
I'm safe to go home with--I have low testosterone levels!!!!

There was an article in one of the local papers that an overwhelming percentage of young adults today have character disorders(paranoid, antisocial, borderlines, histrionic, narcissistic)--this guy certainly fits the antisocial category of that spectrum

Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I'm safe to go home with--I have low testosterone levels!!!!

There was an article in one of the local papers that an overwhelming percentage of young adults today have character disorders(paranoid, antisocial, borderlines, histrionic, narcissistic)--this guy certainly fits the antisocial category of that spectrum
Nice try, rl, but after incidents such as these, things don't work in your favor, or any man's.

Go the old-fashioned way - meet someone, exchange numbers, go see a movie next time, have dinner another time, know each other more -----then take her home to meet Mom while she's in town from Atlanta.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:55 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
with my tastes these days the girl is unlikely to be white!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,391 times
lol....not all people from atlanta are white
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City