Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon7280 View Post
A fight can break out in the middle of the streets and 50 people saw it, but each person can have their own story of what THEY saw. Not what happened. All I really question is why the government doesn't want us to see what they are hiding. Thats all.

Beside it wouldn't be the first time an government has lied to their citizens. It wouldn't be the first time the U.S government has lied to us. Like Iraq.....
So the 50 people that saw a plane just imagine the plane,
Because in your story the 50 people would have similar story and some base truth on each one.
And since nobody had seen rocket hitting the pentagon and only a airplane, their is only one story, unless al this civilians are actually agents.

Also what was the actual lie you are talking about in the Iraq subject?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 03:40 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,572,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
what evidence are you talking about,
The US Gov. release like a 500 page report.
They have survailance tapes from various businesses for one.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
So the 50 people that saw a plane just imagine the plane,
Because in your story the 50 people would have similar story and some base truth on each one.
And since nobody had seen rocket hitting the pentagon and only a airplane, their is only one story, unless al this civilians are actually agents.

Also what was the actual lie you are talking about in the Iraq subject?

"Weapons of mass destruction"

Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM

Is amazing how the government couldn't keep a secret like watergate, which it was a small operation of 5 man, and operation that went all the way up to the president, and they couldnt keep it a secret to protect the president. But the government can keep a multi-millions dollar operation with hundrens if not more people a secret.
Imazing, I mean Bush must be a genius,
Because not even Clinton could keep a single woman quiet.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
They have survailance tapes from various businesses for one.
did you read the report, is on sale.
Anybody can buy it.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
"Weapons of mass destruction"
That actually wasnt a lie,
Pres. Bush and the CIA actually thought they had WMD, even Saddam said he had them.
It was false statement, but not a lie,
Lie is when they know they are saying a false statement.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Is amazing how the government couldn't keep a secret like watergate, which it was a small operation of 5 man, and operation that went all the way up to the president, and they couldnt keep it a secret to protect the president. But the government can keep a multi-millions dollar operation with hundrens if not more people a secret.
Imazing, I mean Bush must be a genius,
Because not even Clinton could keep a single woman quiet.

Was watergate the only scandal in US government history? Would you know? Probably not, there were probably a few others that we don't know about. One thing that we do know is that if 9/11 or any other "terrorist attack" had anything to do with any government official, or that the government knew it was coming they would try to cover it up because in a crisis situation the last thing you need is a country that doubts or doesn't believe that the government can handle it. Lets say that they are right that it wasn't Al Qaeda what if the government just didn't know who it was, there is a chance that they would just try to save face by blaming someone that you know will take credit for it and then do something. The government would feel like they would need to do something, anything to keep the world perception of "the stongest, most powerful nation in the world".

Old 12-13-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Was watergate the only scandal in US government history? Would you know? Probably not, there were probably a few others that we don't know about. One thing that we do know is that if 9/11 or any other "terrorist attack" had anything to do with any government official, or that the government knew it was coming they would try to cover it up because in a crisis situation the last thing you need is a country that doubts or doesn't believe that the government can handle it. Lets say that they are right that it wasn't Al Qaeda what if the government just didn't know who it was, there is a chance that they would just try to save face by blaming someone that you know will take credit for it and then do something. The government would feel like they would need to do something, anything to keep the world perception of "the stongest, most powerful nation in the world".
It would work but since they only take credit for what they have done, I guess it wouldnt work.
Also the people that knew why they are not taking?
Like I have said before the government can't keep a secret.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
To hear this conspiracy stuff is irresponsible, disgusting, and dishonors all those who perished on that day; all those who worked endlessly to rescue survivors and search for remains; all those who drove up to NY, to DC, to PA to comfort grieving families and heroic rescuers; all those who worked feverishly to investigate the case and those who lost their lives in pursuit of the perpetrators. September 11, 2001 was perpetrated by fanatical terrorists -- period. Victims' families have suffered enough. Let it go...
Responses of this nature always baffle me. How does asking the government to answer questions they have refused to answer negate the fact that firefighters gave their lives to save innocent victims? How does it negate the goodwill of people who came from across the country to help victims?

Just be careful jumping to conclusions because the truth could be too revolting to imagine. The moment you make up your mind before you have all the facts, you become very susceptible to being manipulated.

I don't know what happened that day or who was involved, nor do I really care, but the last group I would trust with the truth is our government, that administration mired in lies and distorations, or any report made in a committee therein.

Descent is patriotic. It doesn't take away from the heroics of that day.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Responses of this nature always baffle me. How does asking the government to answer questions they have refused to answer negate the fact that firefighters gave their lives to save innocent victims? How does it negate the goodwill of people who came from across the country to help victims?

Just be careful jumping to conclusions because the truth could be too revolting to imagine. The moment you make up your mind before you have all the facts, you become very susceptible to being manipulated.

I don't know what happened that day or who was involved, nor do I really care, but the last group I would trust with the truth is our government, that administration mired in lies and distorations, or any report made in a committee therein.

Descent is patriotic. It doesn't take away from the heroics of that day.
They havent refuse to answer anything, a lot of people here dont even know about the report that come out from the investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City