Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:52 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
LOL...I know it's funny to have a guy commenting on the bags, but I have bought a good number as gifts. And, I am going strong, never a return or exchange from anyone to whom I have given a good bag. One recipient actually changed her bag upon opening the gift and still carries it as her daily bag to this day, four years later, still looking as good as the day she got it.
BMWguyDC, I know what you mean. As a guy I have less of a clue than you. What I do know is what my wife likes, mom, sisters, neices and the girls around the hospital that I work at like. Coach from what I have seen is a good quality bag. My wife ended up sending one in for a repair. They have a lifetime guarentee and the company will repair, replace or give a store credit at their discretion. It is nice to hear of other desired brands because as a active male that is into things other than style and fashion, I love to hear about what turns heads when it comes to accessories such as these. Would love to buy her a bag that turns heads or is more exclusive than Coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
OMG $500 is a steal! When does NM have these biannual sales??!

I generally stay well out of Saks on Fifth because I find most of the clothes ugly and the place is too packed with mismatched older items that I can't be bothered looking through. But hey, I never checked out their bags and will next time I'm out by my mom's (right near 2 outlet malls). Oh and where did you sign up for the Saks outlet coupons? Thanks for the tips!
I think they do one of the NM sales around the New Year.

I think they automatically the coupons to me because I shop there, I never got one until I made my first purchase. They ask for your phone and I guess get your address there. I covet those coupons, lol!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:13 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
BMWguyDC, I know what you mean. As a guy I have less of a clue than you. What I do know is what my wife likes, mom, sisters, neices and the girls around the hospital that I work at like. Coach from what I have seen is a good quality bag. My wife ended up sending one in for a repair. They have a lifetime guarentee and the company will repair, replace or give a store credit at their discretion. It is nice to hear of other desired brands because as a active male that is into things other than style and fashion, I love to hear about what turns heads when it comes to accessories such as these. Would love to buy her a bag that turns heads or is more exclusive than Coach.
A very wise man, indeed, to know the likes/dislikes of the women for whom you must buy gifts. That's how I cultivated my sense in regard to the fashion world for women, since I try to find something that is perfect for each recipient.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
We do what we have to do I guess. I remember the early days of my marriage when I bought my wife some kind of big mixer for the kitchen. She didn't like it too much that I bought her something that the entire family would be using. Not to say that she didn't like the mixer, she loved it. I heard an earfull, (on a later date, not during Christmas.) Turns out that women seem to want a gift that they can use. What did I know, I am just a guy LOL. I was given my parameters ealry on and seem to follow those rules.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:59 AM

434 posts, read 933,745 times
Default only New York men!

I do not know how I got to this thread......

Wow, I bet only you New York gentlemen can possibly KNOW this much about lady's bags with this much of passion!

Good for New York ladies!

Most importantly,

Good for those bag-makers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City