Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 03:11 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,054 times

Advertisements

Since I began working as a substitute teacher for New York I can't tell you how many times the city has not been able to meet its payroll. Since I work in many different districts as a substitute teacher I can never expect to receive my full earning from any of them. If a district does not approve its payroll on time and before their deadline, a substitute teacher will not get paid for some if not all of the days they worked. Yesterday was no exception. Yesterday I did not receive one penny from the city in regards to my bi-monthly salary. I always expect the city to withhold any where from one to four days of pay. Not to get paid before Xmas is just plain horrible. This is not the first time they have done this. In July the city did not pay us our last paycheck on time. We did receive a letter seven days after the day payroll was supposed to be made stating that we (7000 substitute teachers) would receive our checks soon. They blame it on a computing error but the regular teaching staffs received their pay on time. It happens all too often to be an error or mistake on someone’s part. When a large city such as New York can not meet its payroll on time, its time to question its leadership and their ability to run the city successfully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: