Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:06 PM

18 posts, read 42,877 times

Advertisements

I'd love to live in the city one day. Just curious to hear some pros and cons about living in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM

749 posts, read 2,445,220 times
I could go in detail but that would take forever. Suffice it to say, NYC encapsulates everything you could want in the world and life in one city - it's just up to you to take advantage of it.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM

262 posts, read 565,005 times
I wen't to New York back in 2004 with my best friend for ten day's and it was the best time i'de ever had...It just had this great jazz feel to it,and to be inside the vast city was just incredible!I had alway's wanted to go to New York since I was a kid and it was everything I expected and dreamed of.You can go from the hustle and bustle of being on the busy street's to going to the relaxing atmosphere of central park,it's just the best city ever!that's my opinion anyway.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:05 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,539,553 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...os+cons+of+nYC

Old 12-19-2008, 05:59 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,466,471 times
Biskit pretty well hit the nail on the head. We've got it all here, the good and the bad. (The former outweighs the latter, fortunately!)

Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM

155 posts, read 379,317 times
i love it because it is different, there tons of things to do, its exciting, fun, unique, and its new york. you cant get any better than that.

Last edited by riverdaleny; 12-20-2008 at 02:24 PM..

Old 12-21-2008, 12:42 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,539,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdaleny View Post
i love it because it is different, there tons of things to do, its exciting, fun, unique, and its new york. you cant get any better than that.
Agreed.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 PM

4 posts, read 5,739 times
Wellllll... for me my love for the city goes a bit deeper than loving what it has to offer!
I've always had a soft spot NYC for a lot of reasons. I've lived here since right after h.s., im now 23 and I went from being a jaded new yorker to feeling like a true new yorker; I experienced a lot, I went to school here, got my first job here, my first apartment, I had my kid here, and so many other great things (and even not so great things) happened for me here. I learned a lot. This is where I truly grew up/became an adult. I love everything about it, good and not so good. I met and made a few of my bffs in NYC. My favorite part about it is the nightlife and the fact that u can get boozed up and not worry about having a DD! Lol. When u feel more at home in a city you didn't even grow up in, you know you belong there :-) ANYWHO THATS THE END OF MY SAP STORY ABOUT NYC haha

Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 AM

154 posts, read 447,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydcart View Post
Wellllll... for me my love for the city goes a bit deeper than loving what it has to offer!
I've always had a soft spot NYC for a lot of reasons. I've lived here since right after h.s., im now 23 and I went from being a jaded new yorker to feeling like a true new yorker; I experienced a lot, I went to school here, got my first job here, my first apartment, I had my kid here, and so many other great things (and even not so great things) happened for me here. I learned a lot. This is where I truly grew up/became an adult. I love everything about it, good and not so good. I met and made a few of my bffs in NYC. My favorite part about it is the nightlife and the fact that u can get boozed up and not worry about having a DD! Lol. When u feel more at home in a city you didn't even grow up in, you know you belong there :-) ANYWHO THATS THE END OF MY SAP STORY ABOUT NYC haha
How can u go from being a jaded NYer to a true NYer, doesn't make sense! And you came here after HS, and ur just 23 ? Ur still a newbie, lol

Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 AM

4 posts, read 5,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
How can u go from being a jaded NYer to a true NYer, doesn't make sense! And you came here after HS, and ur just 23 ? Ur still a newbie, lol
Umm It does make sense, You definitely missed the point of what I was saying. and the key word was "FEELING" (like a new yorker). Try reading before u make snarky comments.

Last edited by Jaydcart; 10-31-2011 at 02:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City