Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 PM

9 posts, read 105,843 times

Advertisements

thanks to you both! =] yea its just me and my family is asian and usually the african American don't like us Asians moving into their projects. that what some people was telling me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
dont worry about it. my fiancee lives in the projects and i stay by her house sometimes. in the morning when i leave to go to work i always see this chinese kid (looks about junior high school age) leaving his building to go to school. you may have a few people talk about you in a stereotypical type of way but as long as u show u aint a punk and u can roll with it thats about it. u should be good.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 PM

Yea i just want to go home and go to work and come back home =/ just want a simple life lol.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:19 PM

44 posts, read 154,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilliamm View Post
thanks to you both! =] yea its just me and my family is asian and usually the african American don't like us Asians moving into their projects. that what some people was telling me

im asian as well. Lived in carver houses for about 5 years until we moved out. Many of my relatives were afraid to visit us-.-

Old 12-20-2008, 11:31 AM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
carver wasnt that bad, right?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 PM

My grandpa lives in carver and he thinks its good. Hmm seventhfloor do you know anything about the clinton projects? is it safer than the Gowanus projects? thanks again! I heard that the east side of Ny like clinton and all the other projects are dangerous becasue its all together in one area i want to know whats your intake on this thanks!

Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,857,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilliamm View Post
My grandpa lives in carver and he thinks its good. Hmm seventhfloor do you know anything about the clinton projects? is it safer than the Gowanus projects? thanks again! I heard that the east side of Ny like clinton and all the other projects are dangerous becasue its all together in one area i want to know whats your intake on this thanks!
I don't know much about Clinton development itself but I was across the street from it last week. The area is good. There is a lot of shopping, all types on Lexington and on 3rd Aves. The area is racially diverse, maybe not so much the project, but the people are used to diversity around there.

The transportation is excellent. The cross street of 106th runs east to west, both directions, river to river.

The project is not isolated unto itself.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:23 AM

8 posts, read 60,889 times
I lived in Lincoln projects. and it was pretty good to me. I gre up there and moved out when i was 16years old only because my mother wanted to so we moved to the bronx. Other wise 132 in harlem was ok. I would stay away from 125 area my boyfriend live in nice building at 123rd st. and we take the 6 train to 125 all the time.... stay away ... I mean there are hookers gun shots wall to wall hoodlems drug dealers u name it. im not playing either i see that very often.. not an option ... a fact its very business over there most nights

Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM

4 posts, read 48,443 times
Johson houses is the best choice.
The place is being renovated and appartments are not too bad.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,287 times
well cooper park is an ok place and they do have trains in the area, ther is the L trian at graham and metropolotian ave that actually goes manhattan, and then there is the G train at metropoltian alittle futher down near the bqe (bklyn queens expwy) as far as gowanas [mod]language[/mod] no and farragut [mod]language[/mod] no but you have to fell comfortable with what u decide and where you want to move to

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-03-2009 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City