Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:28 PM

9 posts, read 105,543 times

Advertisements

I recently got my application selected and im glad my family and i has been selected. We have been struggling we are living on our savings as of right now and recently got robbed. NYCHA sent us a application with a list of avaible housings for us to pick and i was curious which one was the worst and the best in all boroughs. We are hoping for a safe envrioment for our family, and becasue my sister is only 9 years old
here are the ones that i could select on the list

Please if you also know if the development was recently built that would be nice too thank you all. i currently live in little italy/ Chinatown with my family of 4 in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Thank you for all your help =]
Manhatthan
Wagner - East 123rd Street & First ave
Clinton - East 109th Street & Lexington Ave < This was our Choice so far but i would like to know what do you guys think?
Johnson - East 114th Street & Lexington Ave
Lincoln - East 132nd Street & Madison Ave

Brooklyn
Park Rock- St. Marks & Ralph Ave.
Pink - Crescent Street & Linden Bld.
Red Hook West - Dwight & Colombia Sts
Roosevelt - Pulaski St & Lewis Ave
Sumner - Lewis Ave & Stockton Sts.
Tapscott Street - Troy & East New York Aves
Tilden - Rockaway & Dunmont Aves
Unity Plaza - Blake & Alabama Aves
Whitman - Myrtle & Leonard St
Albany - Park Pl & Troy Ave
Armstrong - Bedford & Lexington Aves
Belmon- Sutter Barbey Street & Belmont ave
Brevoort - Fulton Street & Ralph Ave
Cooper Park - Frost Street & Morgan Ave.
Cypress Hills - Euclid & Sutter Aves
Farragut - Nassau & Navy Sts- Was thinking of this one any one know about this project ?
Marcus Garvey - Amboy St & East New York Ave
Gowanus - Hoyt & Wyckoff St - Was thinking of this one too any one know about this project housing?
Huges Apartments - Sutter Ave & Mother Gaston Blvd.
Kingsborough - Pacific & Ralph Ave
Marcy - Park & Marcy Aves
Ocean Hill Apartments - McDougal & Mother Gaston Blvd

Last edited by BlackFuzzyBear; 12-19-2008 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:01 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,536,631 times
Cooper Park is okay. Don't know much about Gowanus and the rest on that list in Brooklyn are trouble. Can't say much about the Manhattan list offered.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:22 PM

33,333 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Replies are in bold.

Manhatthan
Wagner - East 123rd Street & First ave hell no
Clinton - East 109th Street & Lexington Ave < This was our Choice so far but i would like to know what do you guys think?clinton is ok
Johnson - East 114th Street & Lexington Aveno good
Lincoln - East 132nd Street & Madison Aveno good

Brooklyn
Park Rock- St. Marks & Ralph Ave.hell no
Pink - Crescent Street & Linden Bld.hell no
Red Hook West - Dwight & Colombia Stshell no
Roosevelt - Pulaski St & Lewis Avehell no
Sumner - Lewis Ave & Stockton Sts.hell no
Tapscott Street - Troy & East New York Aveshell no
Tilden - Rockaway & Dunmont Aveshell no
Unity Plaza - Blake & Alabama Aveshell no
Whitman - Myrtle & Leonard Sthell no
Albany - Park Pl & Troy Avehell no
Armstrong - Bedford & Lexington Avesits not the greatest
Belmon- Sutter Barbey Street & Belmont avehell no
Brevoort - Fulton Street & Ralph Avehell no
Cooper Park - Frost Street & Morgan Ave.its ok but no trains around there
Cypress Hills - Euclid & Sutter Aveshell no
Farragut - Nassau & Navy Sts- Was thinking of this one any one know about this project ?hell no
Marcus Garvey - Amboy St & East New York Avehell no
Gowanus - Hoyt & Wyckoff St - Was thinking of this one too any one know about this project housing?its not as bad as it looks
Huges Apartments - Sutter Ave & Mother Gaston Blvd.hell no
Kingsborough - Pacific & Ralph Avehell no
Marcy - Park & Marcy Aveshell no
Ocean Hill Apartments - McDougal & Mother Gaston Blvdhell no

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Hey i was curious whats wrong with farragut? i was thinking of that cause it was close to the B train an dekalb ave. but if not im thinking of picking Gowanus.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilliamm View Post
Hey i was curious whats wrong with farragut? i was thinking of that cause it was close to the B train an dekalb ave. but if not im thinking of picking Gowanus.
gangs, shooting, drugs, isolation, take your pick. and actually the closest train is the F at york street. if i were you i would pick manhattan over brooklyn anyway

Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilliamm View Post
I used to live in those and it's not nowhere near the B train unless your willing to take a hike to get there or take the bus to Fulton. The F is the closest train at York St. And what Seventh mentioned regarding safety is true.

Last edited by 009; 12-19-2008 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Beat me to it.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Well the only opening in Manhattan for me is Clinton but that one is near Jefferson projects and Gowanus seems like the best option for me. whats both of your ideas of gowanus? thanks for both of your help so far. you dont know how much this means to me and my family.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:40 PM

I don't know much about Gowanus, but it is located in a fairly safe section of the borough.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Yea i was on google maps and i was looking through the area looks like a safe area i wonder what seventh floor thought about it also. hey by any chance do you know whats the majority of the people living there are? it looks like its a mix of white/black/Hispanic i wonder if there is any Asians living there

Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 PM

i dont know the racial demographics of gowanus but its not bad you should either pick there or clinton. hell i used to go to gowanus to sit in the playground and eat my lunch sometimes when i worked on atlantic avenue and smith street. its not bad. as for farragut i walked around there and felt intimidated and not to sound big or anything but it takes a lot to intimidate me. maybe i went there on a bad day i guess....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City