Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernice1963 View Post
Thank you very much. (Smile)....and I also loved! the kitchen...they used great! materials ...I will tell you...I just heard they only have three (3) "Studio's" ...left to buy...so I hope if your buying that your...one of those three (Smile)...Great! move! because I know that real soon...these Condo's at Meadow Wood@Gateway....(West & East)...will be priced! out!!! for many people....there building Gateway Mall # (2) in the area...with more! of the Big name stores and restaurants and they even have a.."Touro College" campus close by 718-642-6562

I must say ....I'm enjoying it and it will be even better...when they put the...Gym Center in...and I'm going to join the Condo's Owner's Board....to help make sure the quality of life remains good and get's better....so again,if your thinking about taking the leap...Leap!!!...Smile....
I am going to look at a 2 bedroom unit on friday at Gateway west. How long was the wait for parking? did they ever build the gym? How long is the process to get in to condo? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 AM

2 posts, read 8,860 times
How long it took for the process

Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
Thumbs down Frustrated buyer do not make the same mistake

I have been in contract for a condominium at Meadowwood at gateway for months & I'm suing to get my down payment back. I was told by my bank that the complex is not FHA approved. After doing my research I have found out that the management company and the real estate are the same company (Douglas Elliman) and they have misrepresented. Many resident are very upset with the management company and are not paying. I was also told that they have increase the maintenance fees and plan to raise it again. Please do your research before buying

Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,591 times
Stay clear of this place. Owned by a company in the city named Taconic that just wants the money of black folks and minorities to treat themselves to more luxury items in the city while you all are stuck paying for a crap apartment filled with roaches, mice, drug dealing in hallways and other defects. I bought here a while back and do not recommend this place to anyone and in fact I am selling my apartment because of all the problems. You all need to protect yourselfs and those like me who already made the mistake need to organize against the corporate BS. Theys stand up at our meetings telling us what we want to hear and do another like Maxine said with the common charges. Bait and switch tactics.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,716 times
Thank you to M. Williams and NYCFinest for their candid posts concerning M@G. I took a tour of Meadowwood thinking I might as well buy than spend the same amount of money to rent. But I had reservations about the small size, esp. the size of the bedrooms incl. in the 2 bedrm. units. It seems beautiful but if the contractors are not doing a good job, then they should leave the updates to the purchaser (but then they couldn't charge over 200K for a one bedrm. unit)

I'm grateful that you've both taken the time to share your experience since it will save other people from falling into the Douglas Elliman/Taconic trap. I wish both of you all the best in your future home purchase.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 AM

7 posts, read 14,423 times
Default Sad

I lived in what was originally called Fairfield Towers in the 60s across from PS 273. The apartments were built cheaply - leaky windows and doors, floor tiles that crumbled under all the furniture, elevators playing bouncy-bouncy. The best part was the large green "quad" area between the buildings where all the adults sat on the benches while us kids could run around without tangling with cars. Also those concrete swiss-cheese walls and the "Stonehenge" sprinkler.

Long before Gateway was built, that area had derelict Quonset hut and we could fire model rockets without getting them tangled in trees.... but not much else.

Waiting for the B83 or B84/B6 bus on weekends seemed like you could wait an hour or more. Nobody waited at New Lots for the bus at night, though we could walk there during daylight; it was safer to return at Liberty Ave.

Always had those giant cockroaches in the buildings, since the area had been a swamp filled in between WWI-WWII. When they built Starrett, the bugs were joined by rodents.

The surrounding area started to become too dangerous, getting hassled in the street by the time we left. Had the Super not given a few of us elevator keys so we could express it up, we might have left sooner.

I drove by once in later years and saw all the trash piled up and the generally bad look of the property.

Sad, but typical that the investor refurbs them with cheap fixtures and only cosmetic fixes to the buildings. Now I live in the 'burbs, a far cry from the Brooklyn experience.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:40 PM

957 posts, read 935,130 times
Can we bump this? I am considering purchasing from here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City