Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,885 times

Advertisements

When I grew up in NYC it was considered strange to even make eye contact with strangers. Now in Rockport TX if you pass by someone and don't say "hello" you're considered strange or unfriendly. Unfortunately this place has more men than women especially in the 40+ age group because we are on the ocean with lots of fishing boating construction.

Why not try an online site OK Cupid is fun free and has some really interesting "test" I sort of like the "****" test lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 04:33 PM

468 posts, read 2,358,256 times
Well you could always meet up with people from this forum. Are you busy this Saturday? I'll buy you a drink. Send me a message.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:43 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,885 times
CAZA See passdoubt's post - Your fears have been allayed ... There are horndogs in NYC!

Passdoubt please apply to Caza directly and include A. any felonies where you have either Pled Guilty or was found such by a jury or judge. Include,the date, court number and disposition. B. Where you wish to take her for a drink, and whether having a drink would violate any condition of probation or court ordered supervision that you referred to in Answer A. C. include a picture - preferably of you.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM

138 posts, read 595,234 times
LOL. I think i'm going out with my roommate this saturday. and really, i'd meet up with some of the people ive chatted with on here, people have been helpful and friendly which is more than i get from most people around here.

but funny about the hornball thing... lol... i think that would be my biggest problem with a dating site as well, im nice and friendly and loyal and due to that i tend to get walked all over, hence why id be a bit nervous on some dating site where i dont really know anyone, and everyone talks themselves up and such... id rather make friends and or meet people through friends.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM

5 posts, read 16,645 times
Well, you can always go to a fraternity house party. lol

Old 12-30-2008, 06:19 PM

138 posts, read 595,234 times
lol i'm not a sorority girl. i'm 24, and i act like an adult. i work my ass off but i also like to go out on occasion and dance or to the movies or a show or something. not necessarily just nightlife but i like to get out of my apt.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM

93 posts, read 242,775 times
Check out the Events at Barnes and Nobel and the Public Library.

If you are as goofy and fun as you say you are...check out Improv Everywhere. They do some pranks with tons of people (volunteers). They are doing a NY thing soon....Even if you decide not to participate in that venture, you are sure to have lots of fun with the people.

If the latest info is not posted and you want it, PM me, I'll give you the info. They send it via email. Watch their previous stunts on the website. Lots of laughs, esp. Frozen Grand Central.

Edited to add: It is Jan. 10th, info online. And an after party for those over 21.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:52 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
I agree and disagree,

I agree with making friends with your co-workers, at least the friendly ones, to get to know people and the city first. You will be surprised how many people you can get to know through a few people first. It's a lot about personality actually, it helps to be outgoing and being able to strike up conversations with people. I've met people at parks, restaurants, through friends, even at a starbucks me and my friends stop by sometimes.

I disagree that people in NYC are ghetto looking. I've live in the city most of my life and I'm pretty confident I am not ghetto or ghetto looking. And don't post a ad on Casual Encounters to meet people, unless you want people sending you pics of various body parts (assuming your good looking!)
REP!!! I totally agree. Don't let nobody bring you down, stay upbeat and trust me, you put out a good vibe you'll get it back in no time. danameless is right, I've meet many friends just by being out there & upbeat.

New Yorkers are the friendliest people on the planet, you just have to get past that "cautious wall". One you get em talkin' you can't shut them up....LOL. I should know, I'll talk your ear off.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:34 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazattack View Post
i'm also goofy and kind of immature , hehe
There you go.....here I am with things in common with you.

And there was passdoubt inviting you out already!

And you think the Big Apple's a lonely place!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 PM

79 posts, read 303,019 times
you just gotta find your niche and not just try to do everything. find something you absolutely love and commit to it. i'm sure u'll find some like-minded people in no time. here in the city, my favorite activities are museums and photography. a lot of times, i just go around with my camera taking pictures of random things and people. i don't even care if passerbys get offended. i hope in a couple of years, i'll have a nice collection of photo albums showing city life.

i also love movies, but i rarely go to the theater. mainly because people i know have bad taste in movies. they always try to sucker me into movies i don't like, so i just don't go anymore. my last movie at the theater was the dark knight. i thought it was absolutely amazing. RIP Heath Ledger.

p.s. - i like meeting girls in dance clubs but i get intimidated really easily. because my dance moves are literally obscene =/ ladies, if u see us not so creative guys on the dance floor, but otherwise somewhat attractive, please give us a chance. and i'm really begging you gals here. some of us are just born with less groove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City