Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 03:42 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,409,524 times

Advertisements

Well, most of you probably LIVE in NY so you may not have a clue about hotels, but I will appreciate any advice. I have to go to NY for work and I'm trying to pick a hotel. IN my NYC hotel experience in the past, the hotels are very expensive and lower quality than what one would expect for a similar price down here.

For example, for 250 a night, I would expect a Super Fab Luxury hotel, free breakfast, fluffy free towels etc. Not so in NY. I guess just being there is enough .

Anyway, I will be in Manhattan and I need to be in midtown and will not be renting a car. I have stayed at the New Yorker Hotel in the past, but it's too far away from my office location for this trip. The NY'er rooms are really no-frills and there's not room service, but it's relatively clean and very convenient. People also told me it's one of the good hotels in the approx 200 per night price range.

NEWay, for my next trip, my office wants me to stay at the Sheraton. I have two choices: Sheraton Manhattan @ Times Square or Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers between Times Square and Central Park. Which one is a better choice? (what me spellcheck?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM

824 posts, read 2,792,248 times
I usually read the reviews on Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that...especially when half the people reviewing a particular hotel love it, and half hate it, what is one supposed to believe? But I still like the site.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM

841 posts, read 2,476,611 times
My dad works at the Park Central Hotel in midtown which is very nice. It's right on 7th Avenue and 55th Street. It's very convenient to everything...it's right in between Times Square and Central Park. As a matter of fact, the Sheraton Hotel you referenced is just 2-3 blocks from the Park Central. The train station is right on the corner of the hotel so you don't have to walk far for it. Prices vary depending on when you go, but usually it's around $160 a night plus tax...plus I believe you can can get it a little cheaper if you book online. Hope this helps...good luck!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:10 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
You didn't mention the length of your stay. If you will be in the city for a month or more it may be worth checking these apartments hotels.
Also, if budget is a concern, you may check Queens or Brooklyn hotels and ride the subway to office. Perhaps prices there are friendlier then in Manhattan which is simply....ridiculous.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,409,524 times
I ended up staying at the Sheraton new York hotel and Towers. That's the newer Sheraton in midtown near broadway. I feel like a commercial, but I swear I am not being paid . The hotel was wonderful! The rooms were renovated recently so unlike some other Midtown hotels where I have stayed, it was modern, beautiful and clean. I really really enjoyed my room. The hotel is very big, but it's beautiful and romantic and the staff is great. I had a lot of room service and the food is expensive, but the quality was great. I had a really nice stay. Good job sheraton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City