Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:47 AM

3 posts, read 9,915 times

Advertisements

At 55, a new opportunity has been presented. Work in NYC. The idea is great. Are there other single 55+ living and working in Manhattan? I've been living in Florida for past 4 years and welcome the change and city life. I spent 2 weeks close to NYU when my daughter was in school and we loved all of the activity. The idea of living in NYC neighborhood seems best as it would be a closer commute and more fun. Am I crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 05:03 AM

139 posts, read 617,895 times
Default Moving to NYC--go for it!

I say go for it! NYC has an energy that you will not find anywhere else. NYC is a great place to be at any age and an experience. I grew up in NYC and the outer boroughs and live in Westchester county. Since the opportunity has come your way --why not? There is sooo much night life and things to do for all age groups (theatre, jazz clubs, art, etc.) you will never get bored! Good luck!

Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 AM

3 posts, read 9,915 times
Default Thank you!

I have been reading a lot of comments and need to hear the positive.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:48 AM

31 posts, read 197,006 times
If your looking for a nice save neighborhood on the outskirts of the city, Neighborhoods in Queens. Some are a little pricey but, very safe. Flushing & Bayside. These areas are very diverse, people of all different backrounds.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:49 AM

203 posts, read 852,862 times
I don't think you're crazy at all....sounds like you have a zest for life. Go for it!

Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,946,770 times
I agree. GO for it and have fun!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:52 AM

7 posts, read 37,374 times
If you're crazy, so am I. I'm a 47 year old female single and am planning on visiting later on in the summer to look around with the possibility of moving there. I'm from Maine, so it's quite a change! But I figure if I don't go for it, I'll always wonder if I should have, and if I do and it doesn't work out, at least I tried. I feel better seeing a 55 year old single considering this as well. That encourages me!

Old 06-17-2007, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,964 times
Question Moving TO NY FROM LA- am I stupid?? How's living in Brooklyn?

I am moving BACK to NYC after 15 years and hear it is a very different place...I will work with a distributor in Brooklyn and sales in Manhattan- is Brooklyn a good place to live these days? Where 'bouts is best/ affordable? What will I expect to pay for 2 br, parking, with outdoor space/ patio? Any leads? Best to use broker?
MORE IMPORTANT- Will I survive the life change?? Sunny southern Cal (although the people and culture have a bit to be desired) for BROOKLYN???!!! Not necessarily "the dream"- usually the reverse, but my family is in surrounding area, offered a good job, and engaged to be married to a CA native who is ready for a change.
Thoughts or any words of wisdom??

Old 06-17-2007, 02:35 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanniemcgee View Post
At 55, a new opportunity has been presented. Work in NYC. The idea is great. Are there other single 55+ living and working in Manhattan? I've been living in Florida for past 4 years and welcome the change and city life. I spent 2 weeks close to NYU when my daughter was in school and we loved all of the activity. The idea of living in NYC neighborhood seems best as it would be a closer commute and more fun. Am I crazy?
Yes/////////////

Old 06-18-2007, 06:39 AM

137 posts, read 1,005,052 times
I think that it depends on your income. If you can afford NYC is a nice place. Just be prepared to spend money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: