Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:08 PM

14 posts, read 48,690 times

Advertisements

I Used to live in south ozone park i was just wondering how the neighborhood was i used to walk on Libertyy ave all the time. does any one know the area and how expensive is it now. are the homes still nice.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,652,890 times
How long ago did you live in South Ozone?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:08 PM

491 posts, read 829,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LISALEE View Post
I Used to live in south ozone park i was just wondering how the neighborhood was i used to walk on Libertyy ave all the time. does any one know the area and how expensive is it now. are the homes still nice.
Its not as nice and safe as it it was in the 70's but still one of the best areas in queens. I remember those great John Gotti (RIP) 4th July fireworks block parties, all the food, sausage & peppers. I still have my Gotti baseball hat.

Those were the days-- nobody dare rent to "undesirables" crooks wouldn’t dare try anything.
Last year they jailed fat Anthony (6 years) for batting a car thief in the act. I couldn’t believe it; he should have gotten a medal for public service.
I miss it to but visiting now a days you see all the ghosts of people and Caddys roaming the street.
So sad, oh well.
Breezy Point is the only area that remains unchanged

Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
I thought Howard Beach was still a nice neighborhood? Am I wrong?

Old 03-11-2007, 12:13 AM

491 posts, read 829,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
I thought Howard Beach was still a nice neighborhood? Am I wrong?
Howard beach, Broad Channel is still nice however many of the old pisons have moved to Long Beach, East Rockaway, Island Park. Its become to dirverse for my taste anyway

Old 03-13-2007, 08:09 AM

500 posts, read 2,859,877 times
Joe L,

So you're saying that Mafia types are just fine, violent bigot Fat Nick should have been given a medal and Howard Beach is getting too many non-whites.

Let me be first horrified and then ask you:

What are you doing in City Data? You should be posting in forums such as National Vanguard or Storm Front! They share your same narrow, white nationalist view of the world.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 AM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
Oh do shut up! You aren't even from this country and you are the biggest loud-mouth snob on this entire board. Why don't you just go back to Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
Joe L,

So you're saying that Mafia types are just fine, violent bigot Fat Nick should have been given a medal and Howard Beach is getting too many non-whites.

Let me be first horrified and then ask you:

What are you doing in City Data? You should be posting in forums such as National Vanguard or Storm Front! They share your same narrow, white nationalist view of the world.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Oh do shut up! You aren't even from this country and you are the biggest loud-mouth snob on this entire board. Why don't you just go back to Europe?
Hmmm. For once, I'm going to try to put something delicately.

I've suffered many injustices at the hands of legitimate authorities, so-called "decent" citizens. This has included lying yuppie bosses who forced me out of jobs, lying cops who had me arrested when I wasn't doing anything wrong, and lying DA's who prosecuted me for things I obviously didn't do for personal reasons, cause I messed with some friend of theirs.

I'm not involved with business like the people Joe L alludes to. I don't have contact with them, and I prefer it that way. However, there are people, working people, who bless their names. Why is that? Just fear? I don't think so.

People who go putting the slam on "those Mafia dirtbags" should check out what the government does to people sometimes. Their "shake down schemes" have the force of law.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM

359 posts, read 2,593,303 times
Now Ozone Park is alot nicer than South Ozone Park. And Howard Beach is still pretty nice. My mom grew up in HB and now I have alot of family in Broad Channel and last time i visited (about 2 months ago) it was real nice. There is alot of development going on in that area especially in Far Rockaway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City