Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:42 PM

99 posts, read 349,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
miles i bet her friends are still getting over the shock of finding out BIG BEN was only a clock!
Ding dong, ding dong! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,250,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
A couple of places that spring to mind:

Doughnut Plant - 379 Grand St - LES

Bouchon -TWC - 10 Columbus Circle - weekend doughnut production only, and $4.25 ea

A fresh Dunkin Donut is not bad in a pinch

There is a vendor at the Union Square Greenmarket who has an apple cider doughnut that's very good if you like that type.
I haven't been on the forum in months, but I had to log on to say thank you. I had no idea that Bouchon makes fresh donuts. I may stop by on the way home tonight.

And where are these alleged fresh Dunkin Donuts? I have never been inside of a DD where the donuts are produced. If the donuts come on a truck from somewhere else, they just don't cut it.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsonDowns View Post
I haven't been on the forum in months, but I had to log on to say thank you. I had no idea that Bouchon makes fresh donuts. I may stop by on the way home tonight.

And where are these alleged fresh Dunkin Donuts? I have never been inside of a DD where the donuts are produced. If the donuts come on a truck from somewhere else, they just don't cut it.
I am glad that I was able to give you the heads-up on the Bouchon doughnuts! We have missed you on the forum!

The only fresh, truly fresh Dunkin Donuts I have had are not in the city, so I'd have to agree that the ones trucked in are not the same at all.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,573,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahona View Post
Ding dong, ding dong! LOL
Hey Sahona, I just went for a walk to enjoy a nice donut and pleasant weather and now I log in and see you in a a happy mood, humming merrily. Guess you checked out BMW's recommendations for a great donut!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:40 PM

99 posts, read 349,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Hey Sahona, I just went for a walk to enjoy a nice donut and pleasant weather and now I log in and see you in a a happy mood, humming merrily. Guess you checked out BMW's recommendations for a great donut!
Am sure I just saw you on the UWS... near Duane Reade or Starbucks, or some other landmark round here. Ha! Didn't manage any donuts today, but did go to Levain Bakery on West 74th for a big cookie. Think I am suffering from a sugar overload this weekend!! (but definitely need the energy for work tomorrow morning!!) Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Old 03-19-2024, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 122 times
I tried a doughnut in [url]https://www.brandonsdonuts.com[/url] donuts brooklyn once, incredible taste and a wide selection, but I was hooked by the story of the store's creation, because the store is located opposite the school where Brandon studies, and his father, the founder, works in this store and treats children, it's very nice and I always go there when I can, a very cool atmosphere, a delicious doughnut and a conversation with a great person

Old 03-20-2024, 04:23 AM

10,094 posts, read 14,965,663 times
Ironically, the best doughnuts I have tasted wasn’t even in NYC proper but in its metro area. Check out Donut Delight and buy their doughnuts with a caramel latte. You can thank me later.

Donut Delight is only present in a handful of places in the Gold Coast of Connecticut. Closest one to NYC most likely is this one (near exit 6 of I-95), which is one of several of their stores in Stamford. It would give Dunkin and Krispy Kreme quite a competition. In the morning the drive-thru often have a long line of cars many times going to the street. The same with many of their other locations. If they weren’t that good, those horrible lines wouldn’t be there.

They should be a national chain, though this local business appears to no be interested in expanding any further despite they can due to how good is their stuff. At the very least they should expand with several places in Westchester and in NYC, plus South Florida and Central Florida since many from those places move there too.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:47 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duynta View Post
I tried a doughnut in https://www.brandonsdonuts.com donuts brooklyn once, incredible taste and a wide selection, but I was hooked by the story of the store's creation, because the store is located opposite the school where Brandon studies, and his father, the founder, works in this store and treats children, it's very nice and I always go there when I can, a very cool atmosphere, a delicious doughnut and a conversation with a great person
Yet another of these oddities where a brand-new arrival dredges up a thread from years ago.

I wonder why this keeps happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City