Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
All I am saying is that we do not have all the facts, so let's not jump the gun

a mother has the right to defend her child
A mother has a right to defend her child, but her comments were classless and disrespectful to the victim and situation. Do you at least agree with us there?

And no one has made judgement on the crime itself. What we know is that he was driving under the influence, which is a very serious crime. He took the risk, got caught, and has to face the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:15 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
A mother has a right to defend her child, but her comments were classless and disrespectful to the victim and situation. Do you at least agree with us there?

And no one has made judgement on the crime itself. What we know is that he was driving under the influence, which is a very serious crime. He took the risk, got caught, and has to face the consequences.
indeed.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
He's going to need more than his mommy to defend him when he's rotting in jail. Loser!

Old 02-21-2009, 04:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,592 times
Quote:
All I am saying is that we do not have all the facts, so let's not jump the gun

a mother has the right to defend her child
You are right,but the victim was a "law school grad" so in these peoples eyes she can do no wrong. I wonder how many drinks she had while practicing the tango.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:43 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
You are right,but the victim was a "law school grad" so in these peoples eyes she can do no wrong. I wonder how many drinks she had while practicing the tango.
There's no law against drinking and walking, but there is a law against drinking and driving, because a driver can turn the car into a weapon capable of deadly force, as the drunk driver did in this case.

It sounds like from what you wrote above that you think that "these people" are wrongly blaming the drunk cop for killing the woman (because you think he didn't do anything wrong??), when in fact they should be blaming the dead woman instead?

I'm just trying to follow your logic.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:46 AM

283 posts, read 1,072,297 times
I think to get outraged about this cop's mom's opinion is pretty much beside the point. Who cares what she thinks -- she's not the one who killed the girl, she's not on a jury. She's the mother of someone facing extremely severe allegations, and it's fair enough for her to have an emotional investment in this. Let it be.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,469,796 times
Quote:
actually a few drinks does not neccessarily mean you are mentally impaired

I have had a few beers before, and everytime, I was fine, and coherent

I know a few people who can take a few shots, and they are still fine also

we do not know the full details, so putting blame right now is uncalled for

maybe it really was the victim's fault?

This sounds just like the imbeciles who claim they can drive better when they've been drinking because they're more careful.

Alcohol impairs your thinking, ability, and your overall functioning. After a few beers, you weren't "fine" and you weren't functioning at 100%.

Hopefully, you don't drive after "a few beers". I would hate for you to murder someone while driving after having "only a few beers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City