Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 AM

66 posts, read 202,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
The idea of marrying an American is not working these days. My brother married a Dutch women--it took them more than 3 years to get a visa and she had to return to Holland and then re-enter the States.

She overstayed her F2 visa.

So, i suggest legal or nothing. And btw, New York and the US ain't necessarily better than Italy.

I love Sicily and wouldn't mind living in Tuscany or Firenze!

What? It's another planet. So different between USA and Italy...
but if you like, next time come here in Sardinia!

I have an american friend who was able to help me in marrying. But then she explained me better about the need of a couple of years waiting to get the visa. sigh....

Do you know girls who can marry good people like me, just for visa...? Where could I get info??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 05:42 PM

6 posts, read 29,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to ask to you people, which ways you know to live and work legally in your country. I'm from Italy. Spending so much time researching on internet but without positive results!!

I'm asking you, what to do PLEASE!!
What is your occupation and if you have a working visa that should be good!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelnorma View Post
What is your occupation and if you have a working visa that should be good!
I don't have a working visa.... In Italy I run a business, a coffee shop.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:11 PM

58 posts, read 416,809 times
Default Living in the United States

You are not giving anyone enough information about your desire to come to the U.S. to live. Why New York City? Do you have relatives here, and will they sponsor you? I am a resident of NYC for 55 years so I know New York. It is an expensive city to live, and or work in. Housing is not considered affordable by any standards. What do you really want to know, and if you are serious you are always free to contact the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your Country for legal information.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:50 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Matts, I saw you posted in NYC, California and Florida--perhaps elsewhere. If you put all the information you received together, you'll find you have some good answers.

The fact of the matter is some of the posters (elsewhere, not NYC) have teased you, but in all seriousness, the right way is the legal way: a visa, a job, a sponsor. No wives, or tricks. That is my best and final advice.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
I don't have a working visa.... In Italy I run a business, a coffee shop.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamter View Post
You are not giving anyone enough information about your desire to come to the U.S. to live. Why New York City? Do you have relatives here, and will they sponsor you? I am a resident of NYC for 55 years so I know New York. It is an expensive city to live, and or work in. Housing is not considered affordable by any standards. What do you really want to know, and if you are serious you are always free to contact the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your Country for legal information.
So, I'd like to live in the States, from I was kid I'm attracted of the US. I love it for many reasons in general. I'd like to live in the south, as Florida or maybe in the southern California. The fact I'm asking to you people from NYC is because I went there about six months ago, and I realized the city is so flexible with immigrants. Many job opportunities and more.
So I don't have relatives there, I wish I'd have! Otherwise I wouldn't have to ask to you these info.
I'm just trying to get important info form you and some advice. Which are the right information about me in your opinion? I'm serious, but look, the Embassy in my country is located in Rome where If I want' to get there I have to take a plane.

thanks

Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Matts, I saw you posted in NYC, California and Florida--perhaps elsewhere. If you put all the information you received together, you'll find you have some good answers.

The fact of the matter is some of the posters (elsewhere, not NYC) have teased you, but in all seriousness, the right way is the legal way: a visa, a job, a sponsor. No wives, or tricks. That is my best and final advice.

Good luck!
oh no don't worry, they are just nice no teased me at all. Look I did a lot of researches on internet, just for nothing... all the same. Visas, sponsor etc. I mean it's so difficult to get a job from here! Do you think it is easier to do directly in the place? You know many people say getting a visa in the US is so difficult, and then if police caught you illegal, there will be bad problems...
I don't know, maybe it's easier than I think.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 PM

58 posts, read 416,809 times
Default Living in the United States

I have read all your posts, and I believe you are just having some fun with this. You sound like a comedy routine on Saturday Night Live with your complete killing of the English Language. The joke is up!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:32 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,926 times
Many of the threads started on here are the same story. On rare occasion one of these threads ends up becoming something interesting but does it just egg on the orig poster more for this to be acknowledged? Most of the time the results are not that informative or interesting. At least he didn't ask about moving to Bed-Stuy or how much the childcare will be because someday he will be "with child".

Old 03-23-2007, 07:12 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
Many of the threads started on here are the same story. On rare occasion one of these threads ends up becoming something interesting but does it just egg on the orig poster more for this to be acknowledged? Most of the time the results are not that informative or interesting. At least he didn't ask about moving to Bed-Stuy or how much the childcare will be because someday he will be "with child".
Or is NYC vomit-friendly? The OP did mention he was sick. Just kidding, as I really don't want anymore private messages from manhattan-ite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City