Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:10 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn6 View Post
I won New York Lottey and I did not want to come forwad. I told no one, not even family until I found out I was going to have a press conference. My mother and brothers planed my death, I tried to kill my mother. Friends who were straight their entire lifes, were telling me they are gay and in love with me. I reacted and tryed to take my mother out. Ended up in a hospital for mental illness, I was fine. Fell in love for the 2nd time in my life. With a Mental ill person and then discovered by dealing with this person, that my entire family was mental ill, and were so consumed by jealous they wanted me out the way. Money does not make you happy. Loving yourself and contentment does. So if I win again, I will have a blind trust and never come forward.

The best bank for asset Management is Blackrock Group requires 100 Million, J.P Morgan High Wealth Clients need a min of 50 mill. The banks have different levels for asset management. 250 Million is not the norm. Maybe 10 mill. ok
Um....lol....first time poster here claiming he won the NYS Lottery

Two scenarios here....

1) Either you're just out to make the point here that money doesn't make you happy

OR

2) You actually did win the lottery and somehow your story skipped the news which this would've definitely made if your mother and brothers were planning to kill you

"If you win again..." LOL....right....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 05:23 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
As far as I know you are required to advertise yourself. My dad who is an avid lottery player argued with me once that it is not required. I would think NY lotto would want the winner to be public that way people would know their is a real winner(s) out there.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 AM

880 posts, read 2,024,928 times
Just tell them you are in the witness protection program.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorn6 View Post
I won New York Lottey and I did not want to come forwad. I told no one, not even family until I found out I was going to have a press conference. My mother and brothers planed my death, I tried to kill my mother. Friends who were straight their entire lifes, were telling me they are gay and in love with me. I reacted and tryed to take my mother out. Ended up in a hospital for mental illness, I was fine. Fell in love for the 2nd time in my life. With a Mental ill person and then discovered by dealing with this person, that my entire family was mental ill, and were so consumed by jealous they wanted me out the way. Money does not make you happy. Loving yourself and contentment does. So if I win again, I will have a blind trust and never come forward.

The best bank for asset Management is Blackrock Group requires 100 Million, J.P Morgan High Wealth Clients need a min of 50 mill. The banks have different levels for asset management. 250 Million is not the norm. Maybe 10 mill. ok

Can I have the movie rights?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Although I assume a better chance of being struck by lightning, I STILL despise the idea of having to make myself public to claim a lottery win.
The mere announcement is enough to ruin the lives of otherwise sane people who enjoy a life of quiet anonymity.

I've got dozens of first cousins who, I would like NEVER to see again...fat chance if I won Powerball.
And just think of the increased likelihood of kidnappings of me or my friends.

(Would wearing a burka be allowed? Or a Darth Vader hood?)

Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,400 times
You have to do the publicity if you win the lottery.

When i win the lottery, i would do the publicity thing and then leave nyc for 1 month (maybe a beach house in hawaii). After 1 month, i would come back take care of immediate family and friends, close my email accounts, get a new phone #, and leave NYC. Go on a 6 month around the world tour. See every state in the USA followed by every major city in every continent. (with exception of the hostile or non-interesting countries)

Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 AM

824 posts, read 2,791,528 times
Here is the law:

NEW YORK CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
TITLE 21
CHAPTER XLIV.
NEW YORK STATE DIVISION OF THE LOTTERY

§ 2803.12 Publicity release
(a) Each prizewinner grants to the Director the right to use his or her name,
city of residence, any photograph, image, and video or audio recording in order to
publicize his or her winnings for marketing, advertising or other purposes of the
Division. At the discretion of the Director, photographs or images of winners may be
taken and used for publicity or to compile a photographic or other visual record of
winners.

(b)The Division requires personal information from prize winners pursuant to its
authority under Tax Law Section 1604 to operate and administer the New York Lottery
which includes the marketing and advertising of the New York Lottery and the
identification of the person entitled to a prize award. The name and city of residence of
prize winners, among other things, shall be regarded as public information; however, it
shall be the policy of the Division not to release the street address or telephone number of
prize winners, except as may be required pursuant to lawful authority or urgent necessity.

(c) Each prize claimant shall cooperate with the Division by attending and
participating in a news event and releasing a public announcement if required by the
Division. The Division may defer the determination of a prize claim pending a
claimant’s participation in a news conference, announcement, the conclusion of any
investigation, or litigation concerning the right to a prize.

Last edited by nyctc7; 10-27-2011 at 08:51 AM..

Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Perhaps an organized resistance of two weeks with NOBODY buying a lottery ticket while making known the disgust with the OPEN FACE, OPEN NAME policy would cause a rewriting of the staute?

Thinking hard about it I think I might be done with lottery purchases (more on how crooked Powerball is on a later post!)

Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 11,577 times
All but five states (DE, KS, MD, ND, OH) have laws that require the lottery to release the name and city of residence to anyone who asks. Other states may offer to assist you in some way, including such things as the creation of trusts. But generally, you will want to hire an attorney to review the laws in your state to see what options you might have. Photos and press conferences are up to you for most, but not all states. Check with your state lottery to see if photos or more are required. Most of the time, it is advisable to get it over with the press so that you don't have one or more reporters following you around to get that "exclusive" interview. Even if the you can keep your identity secret from the press and the public, you will have to be known to the lottery - so they can confirm that you are eligible to play and win

Old 01-29-2012, 07:17 AM

NAME CHANGE sounds like a good first move after collecting the prize.

Collecting the lottery in full drag with a shaved head covered by a flaming red wig horn rimmed glasses, colored contact lenses, glue on scars.
See a makeup expert to get a big nose, a cleft chin, bigger ears, etc.

And then when its all over use a lump of the money to get all that plastic surgery you always wanted.

Move to another City under the assumed name.

EXHALE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City