Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You are just a little hot house orchid aren't you?
I just had to go and look that up on urban dictionary

"In regard to people it's used to describe someone who needs pampering or special conditions. "

It doesn't exclusively mean high maintenance, but, needing special circumstances on some level to flourish, grow, be happy, or stable.
"She's the kinda girl you have to give space. A real hothouse flower. Turn the heat on her too much and she's outta there."

"He's kind of a hothouse plant. If he doesn't draw everyday he just wilts into depression."

hahah

I've never considered myself a delicate flower, more a grouchy weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 01:47 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
When I lived in a two family my landlord kept heat at 50 degrees year round.

That's a lie.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 492 times
I just moved into this apartment as of August 1, 2016 its a apartment building with two apartments, I have the front apartment our landlord runs a hair salon downstairs, I get up at 3:45 am every morning take a shower I leave out at 5:00 am, I do not return until approx 11:45 pm sometimes 12:00 am Mon-Fri. I leave the apartment its cold I come home at night the apartment is cold. I do a lot of running around on Sat - Sundays this weekend I went out brought thermometers I placed one in the kitchen living room and hallway. This was my first weekend in the apartment all day. I was freezing the temp was reading 56 degree when it was 60 outside, I type a nice letter for my landlord, so when I submit the rent for December 01, 2016 she will know I am freezing up stairs. I asked my neighbor is she getting heat she stated no she is using heaters with a 3 1/2 yr old in the apartment. She state the landlord do not use an exterminator, It was not hard to tell, we bombed the apartment ourselves I spray every night when I get home so far we have not had any vision of rodents. We do have plumbing trouble. As per my neighbor stated when you approach the landlord with a problem she will state that was not like that before you moved in.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:11 PM

419 posts, read 626,000 times
i guess i have a generous landlord, he keeps temperature at 73 nights and days and its freaking too hot and refused to dial it down claimed that pipes will freeze.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 383 times
Question So sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You sounds like a lousy tenant..you keep a thermometer near the doorway to each of your rooms and monitor it? I mean really? Geez...this is why I spend so much time looking for the right tenant...cuz I dont want to get stuck with someone covered in thermometers dialing 311 every 15 minutes.
Spoken like a true slumlord.
My slumlord keeps HIS thermostat in the deepest corner of the bedroom closet, where winter coats, clothes, and extra blankets (a necessity!) fill the small walk in closet where he chose to gauge the temperature. Of course it's going to read 68+ even if it's 10° outside and the building hasn't had heat in over a week or more at a time. Kudos to the conscientious renter who took the time to safeguard her rights and her health. Thank you for the thread, OP. I learned something valuable and that's always a gift.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofrustratedxxx View Post
Spoken like a true slumlord.
My slumlord keeps HIS thermostat in the deepest corner of the bedroom closet, where winter coats, clothes, and extra blankets (a necessity!) fill the small walk in closet where he chose to gauge the temperature. Of course it's going to read 68+ even if it's 10° outside and the building hasn't had heat in over a week or more at a time. Kudos to the conscientious renter who took the time to safeguard her rights and her health. Thank you for the thread, OP. I learned something valuable and that's always a gift.

i was the tenant that has the thermometers placed next to each door way in my apartment. reason is if the temp is below 68 and i say im cold, its legitimate and the LL will raise the heat. If the temp is 72 and i tell the LL im cold, than thats my problem, and i need to wear a heavier shirt.

me and the LL both agreed that this was a fir tactic.

also they werent placed there to be a momitor, it was to tell the exact temperature of the apartment.
so both me and the LL would know when the heat is to be raised.

i didnt see anything wrong with doing this.

i feel the cold terrible so if it is 72 or higher, i know I cannot complain, its me......

but were at 73 these last few months so its a good thing.

also,im on the 4th floor, which is the last floor, so we are the LAST to get the heat, but the FIRST to lose it......

PS: to sobroguy (who isnt here anymore), having the thermometers there was never a need to call 311, id let the LL in my apoartment to see it for himself, no big deal. he is a good guy and doesnt want us to be cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City