Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 05:12 PM

192 posts, read 401,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
ill sweep out every single high end in the district and finish 1/4 the route lol...oo big question since we cant ride the step no more are we allowed to walk the route?
You can walk the route within reason. You can be ordered to get in the cab. They can get you for loitering if it becomes obvious that you are wasting more time walking then if you had hopped in the truck. If you work safely and DO NOT block the intersection with the truck, get your tools out and sweep/clean the high ends and messy corners in general, MOST routes if not all are in jeopardy of being cleaned.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:26 PM

372 posts, read 830,052 times
so if you are caught walking all that can happen is that they can order u to ride inside the cab? also has anyone started or heard of anyone going on cleaning after relays?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM

i heard that there was going to be a meeting on wednesday about layoffs again....

Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 PM

156 posts, read 370,105 times
Quote:
so if you are caught walking all that can happen is that they can order u to ride inside the cab? also has anyone started or heard of anyone going on cleaning after relays?
MLP after relays in my district...but I think most of the relay guys in my garage just take breaks/lunch and make relays an 8 hour day now to avoid it

Quote:
i heard that there was going to be a meeting on wednesday about layoffs again....
what kind of meeting? at the union hall or at your garage? let us know what you hear man

Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 PM

43 posts, read 104,674 times
there's cleaning in my district after relays...(cabs and bins, emptying garbage, mopping, etc)

Old 05-19-2009, 02:55 PM

yeh they didnt start it in my district i think there gonna enforce the cleaning after july 1st then iguess its an 8 hour day out there....yeh this guy who used to work down at 40 worth said that there was gonna be a meeting wednesday so i dont kno if he is just talking or if he really knows whats going on but if i hear of something 2morrow i will post it.....

Old 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM

289 posts, read 746,009 times
Default Union is only as strong as it's member's

WITH ALL I AM READING SOUND'S LIKE THE GUY'S ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING ,THE UNION ALWAY'S TOLD US TO STAY OUT CITY WIDE AND GIVE BACK WORK ANY TIME THEY BUSTED OUR B-LL'S I CAN TELL YOU THEY BACKED OFF BIG TIME ,WE WOULD WALK BACKWARD'S TAKE ALL OUR BREAK'S,BATHROOM RUN'S ,CHECK OUT THE TRUCK'S AND DOWN THEM FOR ANY DEFECT'S .REMEMBER WE THE SANITATION WORKER'S KEEP THIS CITY CLEAN BIG TIME WE ALL WORK VERY VERY HARD EACH AND EVERYDAY IF THE GARBAGE PILE'S UP THE CITY IS IN BIG TROUBLE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM

200 posts, read 576,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIRED SANMAN View Post
WITH ALL I AM READING SOUND'S LIKE THE GUY'S ARE NOT DOING THE RIGHT THING ,THE UNION ALWAY'S TOLD US TO STAY OUT CITY WIDE AND GIVE BACK WORK ANY TIME THEY BUSTED OUR B-LL'S I CAN TELL YOU THEY BACKED OFF BIG TIME ,WE WOULD WALK BACKWARD'S TAKE ALL OUR BREAK'S,BATHROOM RUN'S ,CHECK OUT THE TRUCK'S AND DOWN THEM FOR ANY DEFECT'S .REMEMBER WE THE SANITATION WORKER'S KEEP THIS CITY CLEAN BIG TIME WE ALL WORK VERY VERY HARD EACH AND EVERYDAY IF THE GARBAGE PILE'S UP THE CITY IS IN BIG TROUBLE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Thats exactly how we do it. We have been fighting a battle with the big wigs for over 2 years now with this gps. They push us and we push back twice as hard. We run our district, NO dumps and out all day. If we have down time, work goes back and the 4-12 gets to make some truck money.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,167 times
what do u do if a route is usually completed in 3hrs? My partner and I had no step, we took our time and still finished in 3hrs? Avg weight is anywhere from 6-8 tons. Any advice? U would have to walk backwards and hide somewhere to stay out and not dump.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:57 PM

16 posts, read 55,892 times
the guys in my garage on a certain day have a 7 ton route that is just bag stops and they stay out...... i think so can you

take your am break.......take a bathroom break (or 2) and go back to the garage for lunch....it can be done ...ive done it

i think about 3 weeks ago the weight for that particular truck was something like 6.3 tons and they staayed out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City