U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM

8,747 posts, read 18,125,249 times

Advertisements

Well said lhf...this is much ado about nothing...support the local businesses and spend your money there, and you can sit at the cheap seats (which is where I have always sat) and enjoy the game even more than before b/c the stadium and surrounding area are 1000x better than before.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM

103,053 posts, read 104,683,654 times
as the uaw workers are finding out now and sports figures have yet to learn theres a limit to what you can push for.... salarys keep testing new limits and tickets keep going up......eventually they will find the same way the uaw priced themselves right out of business so to will other areas including sports and concerts.

our own company after buying season boxes for decades has finally said enough is enough and no longer will participate.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:49 PM

537 posts, read 1,314,977 times
Default Duh.....

Did anyone bother to ask the price of the burger before ordering? Was there a printed menu that noone read?

I used to sneak cheap sixpacks into Yankee Stadium. I boycotted the $4.00 beers! I NEVER bought anything to eat or drink in the stadiums. Once I asked the peanut guy the price and waved him off when I heard the cost......

Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 PM

537 posts, read 1,314,977 times
Default Unfortunately...

"our own company after buying season boxes for decades has finally said enough is enough and no longer will participate."

Unfortunately there will always be someone else with money to move in and take their place.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,992,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well said lhf...this is much ado about nothing...support the local businesses and spend your money there, and you can sit at the cheap seats (which is where I have always sat) and enjoy the game even more than before b/c the stadium and surrounding area are 1000x better than before.
i understand the stadium. But how is the surrounding area somehow better?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
"our own company after buying season boxes for decades has finally said enough is enough and no longer will participate."

Unfortunately there will always be someone else with money to move in and take their place.

yankee managment commented off the record that they have sooooo many empty boxes that they may review pricing for next season

evidently the companies that had the real expensive boxes in the old stadium didnt take the real expensive ones now as they jacked them up big time... they actually moved down a level in price and moved higher up.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
as the uaw workers are finding out now and sports figures have yet to learn theres a limit to what you can push for.... salarys keep testing new limits and tickets keep going up......eventually they will find the same way the uaw priced themselves right out of business so to will other areas including sports and concerts.

our own company after buying season boxes for decades has finally said enough is enough and no longer will participate.

in business there is whats called the peter principal . that means every one of us has a built in level of failure if pushed high enough up the corporate ladder beyond our own internal abilities.

the same is very true of companies.. either companies di-worsify and try to grab pieces of other markets they know nothing about or they get away from their core business that made them great and ultimately they go down hill

baseball games were an enjoyable, affordable event when i was a kid, sports figures didnt earn the money they do... the entire industry has lost touch with reality and the joe blow that made them what they are... when someone has to spend a 1/2 weeks pay to bring their son to see a game if they are a min wage earner somethings wrong

eventually they will top out as a company too and loose the little guy, its a given.... they already lost me as of this year

Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 AM

8,747 posts, read 18,125,249 times
Math...this has happened across the board though..and is not unique to Yankee stadium. Sports Figures, CEOs, Actors, Musicians, etc all make ridiculous amounts of money and have "lost touch" with reality and the joe blows that made them who they are. So again I ask..why is Yankee stadium being villafied when they are following the tried and true American path? The best way to have prices come down is to NOT see a game, or if you must, sit in the cheap seats and eat/drink somewhere else. When I go the movies...do you think I am spending $5 for a small popcorn, and $3 for a small soda? NOPE! I either bring my own or eat after/before...and I oftentimes go to the matinee for half price....simple. Yankee stadium is no different even before it got all "expensive". Whats the big deal.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM

They have raised the corporate boxes beyond belief............

most are still empty

Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM

652 posts, read 1,967,115 times
that's their problem, plus that's not where the real fans sit anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City