Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM

12 posts, read 28,590 times

Advertisements

Just keep in mind many Queens schools are overcrowded. Forest Hills is esp. crowded. Nice neighborhood though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 03:56 PM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Rego Park in Queens is also a good neighborhood with decent schools and an easy commute to Manhattan.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
Sunnyside and Woodside in Queens. They are on the 7 train right over the 59th bridge.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM

41 posts, read 197,644 times
Forest Hills

Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 16,014 times
I suggest whitestone i recently moved from their 2 years ago with my family and regret it so much, We moved to Port Saint Lucie FL. In a much cheaper and nicer town called tradition, seriously this place in unbelievable you can probally find info on tradition in Port Saint Lucie FL. But i still miss whitestone and theese are the reasons, 1. The culture and spirit of the town, 2. The food such as Tonys all italian deli, top 5 deli in all of north queens, cherry valley. 3. The security, when i lived their i could walk down any street in whitestone at 3 in the morning as a kid, i can say i never have been robbed or harmed, 4. The schools are great much better the flushing, or bayside, p.s 193 is a great school respected by other and ps. 79... Whitestone is a little pricey but worht the money you can get great homecooked food, great people , italian, greeks, hispanics, croations and even african americans but the majority of people living their are white.. Whitestone is a easy commute to the throgs neck bridge etc. Definitly check out whitestone i reccomend it.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:07 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Riverdale is a little more posh than Kew Gardens, and it's not as diverse. I'd say that it's more in line with Forest Hills, though parts are much more like parts of Douglaston/Little Neck. It's a very easy commute to the UWS, so it's worth a look. As for neighborhood in Riverdale, as bluedog2 said there are any number of housing choices, from rentals around $2k/mo. to houses that are well over $10M. Riverdale has express bus, subway, and MetroNorth, but the express bus for the west side might be the most convenient commute.

In Queens, if you want good schools, I'd look at Forest Hills and all of District 26: part of Bayside, Douglaston, Little Neck. As mentioned before, Forest Hills has the subway, while District 26 areas are going to be LIRR to subway.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 AM

306 posts, read 636,211 times
Check out the housing available in the 11358 area. You will not be disappointed.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight26 View Post
My husband and I are going to take a drive through queens to check out the neighborhoods. He works on UWS in the 70's so we are interested in looking at queens neighborhoods that would be a decent commute to work (we are in Park Slope now and it takes about 45-1hour depending on the time-we are looking for the same). We need a safe neighborhood, family friendly, good schools (if possible),

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Astoria and Queens Village are two of my favorite neighborhood's in Queens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City