Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM

1,121 posts, read 6,554,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Avoid anything south of Woodward Ave. and you should be ok.
Anything south of Wychoff would be better. St. Nick, Cypress, Seneca, etc. are fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,733 times
Just wonderin cause i'm moving back to NY in August..I hope there's still a good mix of Rican and Dominican peoples in Brooklyn to party with.. LOL..

Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Oh, there's plenty of partying going on. I don't know how anyone gets any sleep in that neighborhood between the guys preaching with the loudspeakers, cars driving by blasting Regaeton 24/7, people yelling and screaming, sirens. Oy Vie, what a nightmare. A friend of mine lived there for about 6 months and aged 10 years. He also got stopped every night coming home by the cops (white boy in an Hispanic neighborhood, I guess). Cheap rent be damned.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
Anything south of Wychoff would be better. St. Nick, Cypress, Seneca, etc. are fine.
I would say anything west of Seneca is fine. Cypress, St Nickolas, and Wyckoff are pretty run down [but not as bad as Central or Evergreen].

Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM

40 posts, read 195,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniyasmommy View Post
... ALOT of these apartment are long and narrow..meaning not set up like actual apartment ...
This is true. I live on Troutman st. and my whole apartment is a rectangle. The living room is not a sqaure, i can't even fit a coffee table between the couch and the tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
...I don't know how anyone gets any sleep in that neighborhood between the guys preaching with the loudspeakers, cars driving by blasting Regaeton 24/7, people yelling and screaming, sirens. Oy Vie, what a nightmare. Cheap rent be damned.
YES! I live in Bushwick off the Jefferson stop on the L train (troutman to be more specific). I've been here for three months and honestly it's not that great. I totally get what you're saying with the regaeton and people yelling all the time. I can never get a good night sleep... But cheap rent is also true, i pay $450 a month But i'm definately moving when my lease is finished.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
@ Doomdan Seneca Ave is pretty bad too. Alot of crime happens around there especially underneath the train station and the surrounding blocks around there. Onderdonk is starting to get sketchy too, i guess those that cant afford the raising prices in Bushwick cause of the minimal gentrification are moving to Ridgewood. I think when someone said south of Woodward, that was a fair comment. For anyone whos been to Ridgewood recently and been mugged or hassled by or seen Latin Kings, Trinitarios, RFWs, crazy boys, or LDC (locos de la calle), they know what Im referring to. Theres more, these are just the some of the major ones.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,777 times
Buskwick is a DUMP!!!! I was Born and raised in BW. It will never change

Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,671 times
It's hard for me to tell about the hood. I'm looking to buy on Melrose and Wilson. Are there problems walking to the trains from there? The block seems quiet and okay with new building going up. Thoughts?

Old 10-17-2010, 01:58 PM

24 posts, read 86,147 times
I think Melrose and Wilson will be okay. There is plenty of newcomers around that area. I lived on troutman for three months and i didnt have any problems at all.

Can anyone tell me what streets in Bushwick are the worst? I went around troutman, maria hernandez park, bushwick avenue all the time, and i never understood people saying that this place is one of the worst neighborhoods in NYC.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,809,438 times
I know Im responding late on this but Bushwick has always been one of NYC's worst neighborhoods for the 30-35 years. And if you check the crime statistics of 2010 you'll see that that really hasn't changed much. I'm sure that you're not in danger at all times especially walking by troutman to dekalb since that area has changed a decent amount (still majority hispanic and black though), but that being said the area is still sketchy around there and unless you're a real estate agent trying to make some money, you'd realize that this neighborhood ain't that great.

Plus gentrification seems to have topped off in this area ever since the spike in crime which hit Bushwick pretty hard as well. I think the duplexes, condos, and lofts will eventually lower in prices and hopefully not become section 8 housing but rather simply cheap apartments. In this current economic downfall though, my feeling is that unfortunately times are leaning towards section 8 housing which doesn't bode well for this already high-crime neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City