Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,464 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I stumbled upon this forum while looking for some information about my old neighborhood. Maybe someone here can help. First a little background. My family moved from NY when I was 7 or 8 and I haven’t been back since then except for short visits when I was young so I can’t remember much. I lived in a 6 story tenement building on Davidson Ave off the 176th street station on Jerome Ave. I think the address was 1770 Davidson Ave. I went to school at PS-26 on Andrews Ave by Burnside Ave. I can’t find information on the school and the only PS-26 I can find is not in the Bronx. I am trying to find out what happened to some of the places of my youth. Roberto Clemente State park where there was a swimming pool. If the building where I lived is still standing or is it abandoned, burned out or demolished. What happened to my school? Any information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,084 times
building is still there and is being kept up and slowly renovated. Gilbert the super does a great job keeping it clean and trouble free......

Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Why don't you use google maps street view and take a look at your old neighborhood.You can go up and down the blocks.
1770 davidson ave,bronx,ny - Google Maps

Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,464 times
Thanks for the responses. I did get to the street view and it brought back some good memories. I’m glad the old building is still there and didn’t fall victim to the “Bronx is Burning” episode of the 80s. I remember playing in the hydrant on those hot, sticky summer days, playing cards on the stoop and playing ball in the courtyard. I also found my old school. It is now called PS391. Wow it has really changed. There are more buildings added but I could recognize it by the older part that is still there. Again thanks for bringing back some good ole memories.

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-06-2009 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Not a reunion site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City