Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 02:09 PM

42 posts, read 118,410 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to NY in July and I wanted to know what areas in Riverdale are good for kids, school recreation ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 06:52 PM

20 posts, read 34,158 times
it's a overall good neighborhood, the further west and north you go in the neighborhood, the more suburban it gets. if you want to know where those "minorities" live in the neighborhood so you can avoid them, then stay away from the southern and eastern part of the neighborhood. we all know that it is not possible to have a minority neighborhood and it being a seething hellhole, right? (sarcasm at it's best)

Old 11-05-2009, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 7,722 times
Moderator cut: Language Minorities of any kind does not equal bad and must be avoided. If anyone must be avoided is people like you, which I find more hateful and dangerous then any "minority." If you want to avoid minorities try the mid-west, NYC wouldn't be for you. (Sorry didn't get the sarcasm, I tried my best).

To answer your question NYDiva, Riverdale is beautiful, so are parts of Pelham. I don't believe you would have an issue finding something that will suit you and your family needs.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 11-05-2009 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Harlem Mayor is disgusting. NYDiva, Riverdale is a beautiful area and you should not have any issues living there.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM

784 posts, read 2,729,450 times
Isn't Horace Mann in Riverdale?

It's one of the best schools in all of America.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Yes, Horace Mann is in Riverdale. And, the southern area of Riverdale alluded to in an earlier post is Spuyten Duyvil, hardly an area to flee. There is prime Riverdale, as in by the Hudson or in Fieldston, for example, but there's not an area in Riverdale that is besieged by urban blight and decay.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City