Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,797,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
Do you have any clue as to what is happening? They aren't reporting much of anything about it in the news. Is it just tit-for-tat murders or is it something bigger?
I don't work anywhere near that area. Maybe I can ask one of the mafia wannabe "guidos" (ALERT no not racist, joke mr sensitives) with the crazy hair and orange tans I work with. Haha.

I really don't have any idea as to what it is and haven't really cared. I just heard about the last killing. Probably just continueation of some long time disputes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 05:28 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
I don't work anywhere near that area. Maybe I can ask one of the mafia wannabe "guidos" (ALERT no not racist, joke mr sensitives) with the crazy hair and orange tans I work with. Haha.

I really don't have any idea as to what it is and haven't really cared. I just heard about the last killing. Probably just continueation of some long time disputes.
That is kind of funny. Before The Godfather movies real mobsters sort of kept their "job description" to themselves. Then all these wababes were like "yeah, my dad's in the mafia so you better be careful" Then the Sopranos hit the airwaves (or cablewaves). HOLY COW, now everyone's a "wiseguy". These people watch the episodes over and over as "training videos". I think it's hillarious. I met a bartender here in Florida who was bragging that he had Victoria Gotti's phone number on speed dail. WTF?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:05 AM

10 posts, read 67,738 times
Default Mafia

What I think about the Mafia in Brooklyn, or NYC, I believe that the Mafia is no longer present in this city anymore. For the good or the bad, I think the Mafia is need. I see my neighborhood changed in the past few years. However, that does not mean that I am a pro mafia person I just think the mafia has changed in the protocol of business. That is affected the way people think, now days a new rule of mafia has born and it is rough then the old one.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:13 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,200 times
I think Staten Island, MV, Howard Beach, Whitestone and Malba. There may also be a slight presence in Coutry Club in the BX. Brooklyn, not really sure, Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge were big. I think, while much smaller, a lot have move to LI and maybe up North. Who knows?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:14 AM

10 posts, read 67,738 times
I think you correct. MAFIA is no longer here.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:28 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,365,289 times
For the Bronx, there is some mafia in Morris Park & Throggs Neck in the Bronx. Albanian mob is also in the Morris Park/Van Nest area. Irish mob is in Woodlawn/Southern Yonkers.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 21,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joer View Post
Hands down it's Staten Island, I know first hand. Howard Beach is a close second and Mil Basin in Brooklyn a close third.
there's solid mafia presence in Westchester County, especially in the southern part i.e. Yonkers,Mt.Vernon (where i grew up) Pelahm...they are aslo pretty discreetand you rarely see them it's almost as though their houses are vacant as if non one lives there very mysterious

Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM

216 posts, read 992,710 times
the albanian mob had a large presence in pelham pkwy/van nest up until a year or 2 ago . all the leaders got zapped by Rico...doin major time. not sure whats goin on in the area now.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:58 PM

16 posts, read 86,242 times
Most of the wave of italians from brooklyn have moved to staten island and from there they have moved to monmouth county nj (freehold, manalapan etc). Now the russians in brooklyn are moving into northern staten island.
There is a russian mob presence in Sheepshead Bay.
Albanian mob presence in Morris Park, and other places in the BX
Italian mob whats left of it in Howard Beach, Staten Island, probably Whitestone/Malba area, Middle Village i would guess most of the italian mob left in nyc is in queens and staten island. The bronx is a dirty dilapidated slum mixture of albanians,Puerto ricans, dominicans, and anything else you can think of. Brooklyn is turning into the same, alot of blacks and puerto ricans and dominicans.

Bad as it sounds, you do kinda have to miss the old days when the corner men kept the neighborhood in line. Criminals wouldnt come into neighborhoods looking for trouble because they knew who lived there. As a result, the neighborhoods stayed beautiful and there wasnt this crazy mixing of ethnicities. There arent many NEIGHBORHOODS anymore.....if you now what i mean. Ya there are downsides to the whole thing tho....but if you mind your business usually it went ok.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,332,493 times
The italian mob does not exist anymore because the italians did not raise there children that way anymore so no more replacements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City