Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 PM

19 posts, read 87,858 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I am arriving to NYC on Sun from Australia and in the past few weeks have posted a few ads on craiglist seeking a furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in Mid Town. I have been exchanging emails with a couple of brokers since then, and seemly will have quite a few options to consider for my budget of 4K a month.

One of no-fee brokers with an extensive list of apartments is from the agency called Furnished Dwellings LLC Mod cut: no direct links to realtors permitted He has been sending me apartment photos/plans and seems to be quite reasonable and friendly over email.

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them and if yes, what is your feedback? Any issues/pitfalls/tricks I should be aware of in advance or before signing a lease though them/any other agency?

I have never rented in the US so it might sound naive - but better be warned than sorry!

Thanks!

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-26-2009 at 05:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 03:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,509 times
Mod cut: not links to specific realtor sites permitted seem ok basically, but they show sometimes the apartment to other future possible clients.. So you are in your home, but do not leave too much money around! They put in your lease that you have to accept it.Any other experiences with furnisheddwellings????

Last edited by Viralmd; 06-28-2009 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: TOS violation

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM

19 posts, read 87,858 times
I have used their broker to look at a number of places and ended up going with another agency - but simply because it was a better fit to my requirements. Thier broker (Michael) was professional, attentive and tried to work with my requirements as much as possible. ALthough I didn't get to the end (eg signing lease) with them and hence can not comment on any issues with the T&C on it, I can otherwise say that my expirience with them was good and didn't raise any alerts in terms ethics or honesty.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:29 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,602,469 times
Yes, I've heard of some of these agencies which also operate abroad. With your budget I think you'd have a nice choice of apts and areas to choose from, depending on what your priorities are (i.e. closer to work, amenities, neighborhood feel, etc). but I assume you'll be in Manhattan which is now pretty safe and desirable in general with the exception of some way uptown areas. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,482 times
RIPPED OFF

I was told the rent was $6000 on a tiny 2brdm in Lower Manhattan. They said they were waiving the broker fee. Terra Greenfield is the agent who outright lied to me. After I paid these fraudsters, I found out the rent was less thant $4500 . So I paid a $1500 broker fee--nearly 40% of the rent for my one month stay.

Terry was very helpful right up until I paid the money, then became flaky in responding.

I followed up with her and she denied any wrongdoing. I then had my lawyer follow up with the company and they refused to return any of the exorbitant fee that was fraudulently charged.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,342 times
Hello rosaroni,

I am truly sorry that Terra did that to you. She is a good person, really. I don't know why she would have. I am her father and have lost contact with her right after she moved to New York. Needless to say I have been looking for her, and so far have had very little results with no luck. I notice you posted this a few months ago. Do you have her contact information? Her work info? Any information that might help? Please, please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely yours,
Ed Greenfield
[email]edi1gr@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City