Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM

22 posts, read 91,388 times

Advertisements

uh..pomonok has alot of crime...i live there..im black but if your white and walk through pomonok at night, you might get robbed..so watch out..but if you avoid it your fine. Everyone knows PNok is a housing project, im not gonna lie and say its safe, when theirs gunshots pretty constantly in my area of it.but i live on the other side of pomonok thats farther frum georgetown mews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,707 times
The only problem living in Georgetown Mew is parking which is dominated by the students of Queens College. In between semesters is a different story. Parking becomes plentiful. There is alternative parking on the complex grounds in one of the 8 parking lots of varying sizes. You need a private parking sticker free of charge. Two car limit. A garage can be rented for $100 monthly. Maintenance is around $565 monthly which is somewhat high. The Maintenance staff, however, is very good for the most part; the buildings and grounds are well kept at all times. The heating is good and every unit has new windows installed as of July 2012.

The neighborhood is quiet for the most part. City buses can be FREQUENTLY found at the corners of Jewel Ave in between 150th st and Kissena Boulevard. A 12 minute ride to Queens Boulevard where the E and F trains can be boarded into the city.

Pomonok is a few blocks away. The 107 police pct is directly across the street and an auxiliary pct is located in the middle of the complex. Once in a while gun shots can be heard. But it is hard to tell if the noise is actually from a gun or firecrackers. Rarely do the occupants from Pomonok walk around Georgetown Mews area as it is all residential with no stores. There are times when people from Pomonok will ask for money off the streets. The usual amount asked is $5. As far as robberies, there were 3 reported in Georgetown in the last 3 years. Those were break ins. Out of 800 units, you can't expect better. Any were you go, there are robberies and there are gun shots and there will be firecrackers and there will be people asking for money. This is NYC. It is all part of the package.

A one bedroom apt can be had for $135k to $140 which is a bargain. Overall, I would rate Georgetown an 8.5 on a 10 scale for Coops in the Queens area.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
Dont move here! the property manager favors those who bought from them and not the owners who bought a unit through a real estate broker. They let some owners have washer and dryers inside their apts and restrict new owners from having them based in their "house rules"

Old 09-26-2012, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
Property manager favors senior citizens over young growing families!

This place is far away from the subway and buses are not reliable...stay away from this place..go to Forest Hills or Rego Park instead

Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM

4 posts, read 7,725 times
Anything similar to Georgetown Mews style coops with 2 parking spaces in the 140-150k range? Thanks!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM

83 posts, read 183,615 times
[quote=gxrock;26260246]Property manager favors senior citizens over young growing families!

This place is far away from the subway and buses are not reliable...stay away from this place..go to Forest Hills or Rego Park instead[/qLast time I lived in Georgetown mews which was 10 years ago, they were not kid friendly, one senior citizen neighbor complained whenever me and my kids sat in the yard, he even yelled at my 6 year old when she was jump roping outside our door.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,707 times
Yes, you lived in Georgetown Mews 10 years ago. TEN years. You were renting an apt for $565 a month and took the 25k incentive to move. Now you are giving out misinformation. That is bad.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Grew Up in Campus Hall across from Pomonok from 65-90. It has changed they were accused of discrimination & in the past 4 years they have let the many trouble makers move in. There are many articles if you search you will find them. Pomonok itself has changed. There have been many robberies. My friends older parents no longer feel safe going out after dark like they use to.

Georgetown Mews on the other hand I have 2 friends that still are living there.They love the courtyards have garages to park their cars. They go to Valentinos. Use Pea Pod for groceries. Until retirement they are happy in Georgetown Mews. My mom passed away in her apt there during Irene. Was going to take her apt but did not as my name was taken off lease just prior. Otherwise I would have taken apt under SCRIE program. It is still a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City