Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 AM

243 posts, read 1,333,819 times

Advertisements

NYCtransitforum.com is a good source of info as Vantastic stated. I also post there under the same name I have here. Make sure you keep DCAS updated with your current and correct address , and if your situation is that complicated that you move daily , you need to get a relative or a friend whose address you can use steady. I cannot tell you how many people miss out on civil service positions because DCAS cannot contact them. They will not go out of their way , they don't need to. I do remember there was a number I used to call when I was waiting , a little over 3 years , and would get updates on what number they were up to calling , etc. I'll see if I can find it and post back. I know nobody gets called for processing in a year , but I think you all should have at least been mailed an official score and list number by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:38 PM

6 posts, read 47,846 times
Hello. Can someone tell me the last time they had hire for Train Operators and when they are expecting to hire the next class? Will this be from the 2085 list as well? Thanks. The Transitforum.com info wasn't too helpful and no forum search option.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 AM

NYCtransitforum.com was helpful but a bit frustating for new registered member since it took over an hour for them to approve you before you can post. They need to better inform the registered users. Forum has lots of threads so doing a search for your topic is definitely required. The site needs to do some cleaning and organizing of their threads.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
You could try contacting the Human Resources department of MTA (it's located at 180 Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn)...but don't get your hopes up too high. They may not hand out that kind of information.

As Motorman Mike suggested, make sure DCAS has your current address.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Lets support the 266 station agents that were laid offs with today's judge ruling. MTA board has their eyes and ears close and are blind and deaf to current and future crimes and terrorist threats in the subway system. How cold hearted is it to devestate their employees life and families like this when they have other alternatives. Lets have some solidarity in this time of crisis.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:56 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Default Call DCAS to get your score and list# from exam 8098

DCAS-212-669-1357...follow the prompts on the automated system. 11,077 eligibles on the list. I am just a little past 4,000. Good luck to everybody who scored high on the exam.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 24,846 times
FINALLY!!!!! Exam #8098 list of eligibles is 11,077. I am 945 on the list, which means I won't be hearing anything from them anytime soon . . .

I am currently employed by Metro North as a Signal Trainee. Job is interesting but the commute is a B*tch. I guess that I will just have to wait this one out & see what happens . . .

Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 AM

16 posts, read 92,390 times
WoW I got a 98.75, list number 190. Hope I get called in less than 3 years!

Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 PM

16 posts, read 92,390 times
Hey MotormanMike, thanks for putting up some really great info on here. It has been very helpfull. I know this question was asked before but never got a straight answer. What is the average t/o's salary with average OT for the first couple of years. Just wonder when I get called is it worth it leaving a job where I am makin 66. Thanks again for all the info

Old 07-06-2010, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 28,199 times
I just called the dcas # and my list # is 910 my score was 95 .
i wish I didnt wait untill the last day to mail in my application, my list # would have been much lower. I hope I get the call soon,

I am a union sheetmetal worker , and make a good wage but the uncertainty of having a job from one day to the next is enough to take a pay cut.

I am so looking forward to those t/a beniftis too I hope a bunch of t/o retire real soon at least 1000 of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City