Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM

35 posts, read 79,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straphangernyc View Post
finally have my letter to report wednesday @7:30
List number Early 320's
Can anyone give me an idea of how long i can expect to spend there ?
Need to be at work by 11:00am (is it doable?)

Also wondering: what the average time is between this first appointment and final processing ?

How does it typically work ? would they bother calling us in for final processing and medical and then decide if they are hiring you or not?

Or do they decide if they want to DQ you after the first time you report?
Theres a good chance youll be there till atleast noon. I got done at 1230 when I got my letter for the drug test. So if I were you I would bank on taking off work.

Also expect to wait between 4-6 weeks to be called back for the medical and final processing. They wont call you back because most likely you failed your drug test. If you can pass that then no worries. Once you take your medical youll go through hearing and vision tests. EKG and blood pressure check. After that, if everything goes well you get cleared and then sworn in and they assign you to report for orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM

20 posts, read 64,693 times
At any point do they ask if you ever applied for other city positions ?

Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM

37 posts, read 96,423 times
Quote:
At any point do they ask if you ever applied for other city positions ?
Yes, the first day you report they ask that

Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM

37 posts, read 96,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMania86 View Post
Well I was always a good student in school so if theyre drilling it into my head, I should be ok. BTW, when you got sworn in and they gave you the big blue rules and regulations book, did you look through the train operator part with the signals and rules and whatnot?
Yeah I did. I'd suggest to start reading the 1st chapter, the general rules.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

23 posts, read 69,774 times
Just got my letter for Drug test today. Long time coming. List number is in the 4hundred and teens. GL everyone. Let's go!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Wow! I just went for my Drugtest on Wednesday and just recieved a phone call to report back on Monday for the medical with my 21 page booklet completed.

Is that it? Can I bank on being hired now ?
I have to say I'm pretty surprised I wasn't DQ'ed for past offenses.
Open container ,fare beating and smoking a cigarette in a station

Or am I not out of the woods yet?

I had a certificate of disposition for the offenses is that good enough?
Also I should add they happened between 10-15 years ago

Last edited by Straphangernyc; 12-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling

Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Wow! I just went for my Drugtest on Wednesday and just recieved a phone call to report back on Monday for the medical with my 21 page booklet completed.

Is that it? Can I bank on being hired now ?
I have to say I'm pretty surprised I wasn't DQ'ed for past offenses.
Open container ,fare beating and smoking a cigarette in a station

Or am I not out of the woods yet?

I had a certificate of disposition for the offenses is that good enough?
Also I should add they happened between 10-15 years ago
They dont hold that against you. It was over 10 years ago and if those were your last offenses youll be fine. You hot called VERY VERY quickly for the medical though. It took me almost 6 weeks to get called back to take it. Im going to assume it was because of the hurricane and it held back the december class 2 weeks. Well good luck hopefully Ill see the morning of the 17th for orientation. Let me know how it turns out!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherigfan1 View Post
Just got my letter for Drug test today. Long time coming. List number is in the 4hundred and teens. GL everyone. Let's go!
Sounds like the January class has your name on it!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Sounds good. I'll keep u posted

But does this mean I'm good to go?

Last edited by Straphangernyc; 12-07-2012 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: More to add

Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM

23 posts, read 69,774 times
I got a feeling they are trying to fill the 17th class for some strange reason. Wouldn't be shocked if they hurry this last batch. we will see. either way Dec or Jan here I come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City