U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:47 PM

6 posts, read 10,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtus_VII View Post
I took the exam in 2014 and scored 100%. I couldn't get one interview in NYC or LI.
The state's revenue stream has been fairly healthy during this time period, too. So,
I'm at a loss to explain it - other than to say that, perhaps they wanted to place more
entry level people upstate. I sincerely hope that your experience with this is better
than mine. Did they tell you how long you can expect to wait for the results? It took
them five months to e-mail the results for the 2014 exam.
I haven't been told anything regarding results. I am familiar with taking the CITY exams, and from my experience with that, I don't expect results anytime soon. There's a note on the site stating that there was an exceptionally larger applicant pool so I'm guessing the results will take some time to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 06:58 AM

48 posts, read 104,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeynutcocopuffs View Post
Probably less people in Long Island. We were in the Saturday morning group. The exam proctors were running around trying to get things going because there was also an afternoon group. And, at least one other exam group on Sunday morning as well. I'm already working for the state, taking this test is just back up and curiosity.
What exam did you take that got you in the door? I don't know a lot of people who got in through the PCO/PCT.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfieldcountygyal View Post
I haven't been told anything regarding results. I am familiar with taking the CITY exams, and from my experience with that, I don't expect results anytime soon. There's a note on the site stating that there was an exceptionally larger applicant pool so I'm guessing the results will take some time to post.
There were a lot of people who took it in 2014, too. So, maybe it will be about six months or so. I don't remember how long it took in 2009. The thing I remember most about that one were all the hiring freezes they slapped on. Getting hired then was truly a matter of timing and some luck. Hardly any canvass letters were sent out.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:34 AM

260 posts, read 186,166 times
Quote:
What exam did you take that got you in the door? I don't know a lot of people who got in through the PCO/PCT.
PCO. I believe the other exam that was going on at the same time was the Labor Services Representative test -- same exam/questions.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
PCO. I believe the other exam that was going on at the same time was the Labor Services Representative test -- same exam/questions.
No, I mean the test you took for your current position as a state employee.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:29 PM

260 posts, read 186,166 times
Quote:
No, I mean the test you took for your current position as a state employee.
Oops, I read that literally. LSR Trainee.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Oops, I read that literally. LSR Trainee.
Oh, okay. Taking a test for one specific occupational area is probably a better
way to get work with state government. The agencies that recruit for the title
(more than likely) have a better handle on their staffing needs. When I contacted
several agencies that I had an interest in joining, they told me that they don't
recruit from the PCO list.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 10,737 times
So the results were posted for those of who have taken the exam in April-2017. As expected, I see a lot of 110's, 105's, and 100's. I scored a 100. When I scanned the sub lists that I'm on (a total of 12), the lists are much smaller. Anywho - good luck everyone!

Old 07-14-2017, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
I agree that this is a money maker for thus and other civil service jobs. They pick by ethnic backgrounds. I just finished an assignment at a State agency. I was kind of dumbfounded to see the majority of people were Chinese. I was so perplexed and thought to myself...(can't think out loud) where are the other people who have equal rights, like white people. I found it difficult to work with most of these orientals as they click together and make you feel left out. Nasty attitudes like ..."Leave me alone." I'm glad I read this blog as to know why so many people who scored above and beyond were not called they were probably your All-American loving citizens. This Governor is a joke. What happened to Equal Opportunity Employment.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfieldcountygyal View Post
So the results were posted for those of who have taken the exam in April-2017. As expected, I see a lot of 110's, 105's, and 100's. I scored a 100. When I scanned the sub lists that I'm on (a total of 12), the lists are much smaller. Anywho - good luck everyone!
How do you find the numbers in the sub-lists one is on. I have not found a link. Thank you for help with finding that info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City