Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,629 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to New York city to be closer to work. We are from New Jersey. My wife really likes the greenwich village neighborhood. We haven't really been to many places yet, as we just got a real estate agent. He is taking us to one on 11th street between 5th and 6th avenue. It is a co-op. We have a 1 year old. Do you think we're making the right choice? Anyone familiar with the street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
yes, it is a beautiful residential street. you will love it. you will be very close to washington square park.

i used to live on 15th street between 6th and 7th

Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM

155 posts, read 585,727 times
I live right in that area. It's great. Plenty of families. Recently there were some issues with school overcrowding but I think that was somehow solved. There is also a contentious plan to redevelop part of the area west by 7th ave (St Vincents hosp).

Close to everything and plenty of restaurants, although sadly Joe Juniors a neighborhood diner and fixture for 35+ years on the corner of 6th and 12th closed on July 4th - a victim of Landlord greed.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert65 View Post
My wife and I are moving to New York city to be closer to work. We are from New Jersey. My wife really likes the greenwich village neighborhood. We haven't really been to many places yet, as we just got a real estate agent. He is taking us to one on 11th street between 5th and 6th avenue. It is a co-op. We have a 1 year old. Do you think we're making the right choice? Anyone familiar with the street?
Thats a great block. Obviously, you may not want to buy the first property you look at and you shouldn't limit yourself to what your broker wants to show. Look at Moderator cut: no direct real estate links, please streeteasy.com to view all the properties for sale and you can narrow it down to the ones you really are interested in.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2009 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: No direct real estate links, please

Old 07-22-2009, 08:14 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
make sure you look to see if the co-op is child friendly. i live in a coop a little north of there and there are specific rules about children. like i am pretty sure they prefere you dont have them in my building. they are big on quite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City