Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM

25 posts, read 41,879 times

Advertisements

Thank God they put me on the waiting list for Northrose. I've been saving my money ever since. I kept praying that something will come through for me. I didn't want to move back to the South Bronx. I grew up there.
I came across this NEW building in Riverdale/Yonkers moderate income, same as Northrose.
I HELD OUT. I will get a response in 2 weeks NOT 2 months. I'm on top of the world. I feel good about this. They will be cutting the ribbon to the building any day. The management company took thier time. Their organized. I was probably the first to be called. HOT DAMM!

Last edited by noelindsey; 06-10-2011 at 06:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 PM

They rushed Northrose. To have rugs in the main hallways, you are supose to have tile.
This is terrible what i'm reading. And to think I cried like a baby when they put me on the waitng list. The New building in Riverdale/Yonkers, there is no garage fee nor gym fee. It is included in the rent. There are no AC sleeves. Each apartment comes with it's own air conditioning/heating system, like in a hotel.
You adjust it the way you want. Riverdale/Yonkers are doing it the right way. When i move in, the construction will be DONE! Then i can deal with problems that come along. Like i told SobroGuy about The Tiffany Housing. The building is beautiful just beautiful but when you walk around the corner or down the street it's a different story. I've spent 45years
in the Bronx and I'm 47. I couldn't see myself going backwards.

Last edited by noelindsey; 06-10-2011 at 07:49 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 04:44 AM

AJihan18 Is the only thing you worried about is garage fees?
I dont know how you can sign a lease and leave a deposit for a place
you never seen, only a picture... And I think you are right Mr Triny33
I've known Knickobocker Mgmt to deal with apartment buildings, not large buildings.
I'm 45 years here in the Bronx!

Mr. WESTBURYN LI,,
I LIKE YOUR STORY ABOUT THE FATHER AND SON!

THANKS GUYS FOR GIVING ME A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ABOUT NEW CONSTRUCTION!

Last edited by noelindsey; 06-11-2011 at 05:01 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 03:41 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I dont know how they can label it "luxury living" when the bedrooms are tiny and look like nursery rooms. The master bedroom is too small for even a queen size bed along with a normal bedroom set. Are they expecting grown adults and couples to sleep on futons or full size beds?

Old 06-11-2011, 10:59 PM

15 posts, read 32,480 times
Noelindsey, U might have misunderstood my post, or U must think I’m the dumbest person in the world, I never said anything about me seeing pictures. I will never sign a lease to a place that I have never seen. In my prior post I described my first impression of the apartment. I actually like it and I’m excited to move in. The only problem I had with the appearance is the size of the rooms. I do believe they are way to small. The fact that there are 5 closets, 3 of which are walk-ins, made up for the small room sizes. My reason for my last post was because of the comments that other people wrote about having their apartment given to another person as well as the many issues that Jomi and a few others pointed out. I mention the prices of the garage just because I have noticed many other inconsistencies as well… like some apartment having AC’s while others don’t, as well as them all of a sudden charging extra for the use of the gym and playrooms. To me these are things that I should be concerned with. I just wanted the people who wrote those comment to know I appreciate their opinion, and these are things I will look into prior to getting my keys… or paying the first month rent.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:22 AM

I'm sorry Ajihan18, I misunderstood. I too appreciate everyone's opinion!
Good luck!

Last edited by noelindsey; 06-12-2011 at 07:33 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
That sounds like a great place noelindsey...and I understand that you lived in the area your whole life so it seems like no change/step backwards for you. It is though a step forward for most everyone else.

There is no doubt that a development of this size will have issues..some major, mostly minor..as well as management issues....that's how new construction is in general regardless of how much (or how little) you pay. In the long term I think the vast majority of people will be very happy and love the development...it is beautiful, and is really the center of Melrose now...and the epicenter of change in the Southern Bronx.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:09 AM

317 posts, read 578,782 times
For those tenants that are unhappy with the living conditions in their apartments they have every right to take all necessary steps to either finding something better or waiting it out with management with hopes that things will finally come together. Either way North Rose will have no problem keeping these buildings full. Between the number of applicants and those currently on the waiting list its'll be only a matter of time before those that choose to move out will be a thing of the past. Even those reading these post about whats going on hope a vacancy comes up so they can take your spot.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 PM

I never thought of that SobroGuy. I've learned something from everyone on this thread.
Everything will work out for everyone. Patience is a virtue!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 AM

943 posts, read 4,259,199 times
Default Someone help me out with this

How are rent increases determined in lottery apartments? Are they rent stabilized? Are they subject to the same increases other rent stabilized apartments receive? Is it true that lottery buildings have a limit on rent stabilization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City