Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:44 PM

29 posts, read 89,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMi View Post
I also called my HR office who stated they sent my income verification form on June 30th!!! Woooo...at least I know things are being verified! I've become obsessed with this apt thing. i just can't wait to see the apt itself and enjoy all those great amenities!

thats a good sign! I should ask my HR too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 03:13 PM

43 posts, read 127,606 times
That is a good sign!! I emailed my leasing agent at the end of June to give her the fax number for my HR department and she said she would try to send it to them again (implying that she had otherwise attempted to do so) using that fax# but I also called my HR dpt and they said they still hadn't received the form!! I know that I have to stay on top of them because they tend to drag their feet and misplace things...so let's see what happens...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM

And although they may begin moving people in early August, if we have to wait a couple more weeks for a response it will already be August. I'm sure as they continue to approve applicants they continue to move people in. I know with these buildings it can take a little while before everyone moves in.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM

3 posts, read 8,625 times
I'm so happy to find this thread! I've been anxiously awaiting some news from Northrose myself. I finished the interview process in mid March and was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks. I was told that I could expect to move sometime in June. I have heard nothing so far. I called in May and was told to wait to be contacted. I went by the office in June and was told the same thing--wait for a letter and that the apartments would be ready for move in by the end of July. I'm trying to keep up hope. As someone stated before--No news is good news! Good luck to you all.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:52 PM

31 posts, read 162,305 times
I have and appointment next week to sign a lease for a 1 bedroom in 488 east 163rd street.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d116 View Post
I'm so happy to find this thread! I've been anxiously awaiting some news from Northrose myself. I finished the interview process in mid March and was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks. I was told that I could expect to move sometime in June. I have heard nothing so far. I called in May and was told to wait to be contacted. I went by the office in June and was told the same thing--wait for a letter and that the apartments would be ready for move in by the end of July. I'm trying to keep up hope. As someone stated before--No news is good news! Good luck to you all.
March??? Wow that's a loooong time to play the waiting game geesh!! One of my co-workers said she had an interview appointment back then but she didn't go. If you don't mind my asking did you have any preferences like community board 3 member or municipal employee? But yes we're all still waiting...and good luck to you as well.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
I have and appointment next week to sign a lease for a 1 bedroom in 488 east 163rd street.
Wow!! Someone has actually made it to the finish line. Congrats on the lease signing, does that mean you've already inspected and viewed the apartment? If so details, details please.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:44 AM

29 posts, read 89,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
Congrats!! And I agree with Cinn... DETAILS PLEASE! lol. How did they contact you? Via snail mail or did they actually call you? When was your initial interview? We're all anxiously waiting and would love a heads up on how the process went. Thanks!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM

31 posts, read 162,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymarrero View Post
Congrats!! And I agree with Cinn... DETAILS PLEASE! lol. How did they contact you? Via snail mail or did they actually call you? When was your initial interview? We're all anxiously waiting and would love a heads up on how the process went. Thanks!!!
The apt is nothing special.

I was picked in several lotteries and viewed the buildings and apts all around the Bronx and it seemed
the buildings are similar in architecture and the apts lay outs are basically the same small box like.

For Northrose I was interviewed I think in April or March and was called in May and told I was approved.

I was called in June to make an appointment to view and choose an apt.

Two weeks ago I viewed the apts and chose one.

A few days ago I was called and made an appointment to come in with 1 months rent and 1 months security
to sign the lease.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 8,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinn421 View Post
March??? Wow that's a loooong time to play the waiting game geesh!! One of my co-workers said she had an interview appointment back then but she didn't go. If you don't mind my asking did you have any preferences like community board 3 member or municipal employee? But yes we're all still waiting...and good luck to you as well.
Yes, I am currently in Community Board 3 and a municipal employee. I really, really want to move there, and have come close to just looking elsewhere, but I've decided to hang on just a bit more--Hitokiri has given me new hope (congrats to you!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City