Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times

Advertisements

Gooseneck fix your credit and reapply to the development, or try another. Let go of the anger already..lots of people are rejected. Just fix the problem and reapply. I have no vested interested in any of these developments, I have been in the neighborhood (my family and I) for 3 generations and over 55+ years. Sorry dude..I am no RE tycoon, just a local who knows the area more than you.

If you are genuinely concerned about crime, then post on the crime thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 11:22 AM

58 posts, read 162,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Gooseneck fix your credit and reapply to the development, or try another. Let go of the anger already..lots of people are rejected. Just fix the problem and reapply. I have no vested interested in any of these developments, I have been in the neighborhood (my family and I) for 3 generations and over 55+ years. Sorry dude..I am no RE tycoon, just a local who knows the area more than you.

If you are genuinely concerned about crime, then post on the crime thread.
Sobroguy you a RE Tycoon you LOL, you're just wanna be playing Judas Goat for the real RE Tycoons.
You're nothing but a used car salesman.

I know the hood and its fowl under belly better then you'll ever know.

When you want to put your money where your mouth is and compare credit scores,finances and rap sheets let me know.
I can buy you and sell you with my pocket change.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...-third-41.html

Last edited by GooseNeck; 07-07-2011 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
BoogieDowner: Main Bronx Post Office Located at 558 Grand Concourse Scheduled for Closure October 2011

Not sure if the Northrose residents will be effected by this, I know I will as this is my local post office. This really sucks, so much development going on in the South Bronx, only to turn around and close the biggest post office in the borough...

Old 07-07-2011, 12:38 PM

There is a Post Office on St. Anne's and Westchester Ave which is much closer than the Grand Concourse location.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
There is a Post Office on St. Anne's and Westchester Ave which is much closer than the Grand Concourse location.
There's another one on 167th street and park, which is horrible, I'd hate to have to go to that one to pick up deliveries, it'll all depend on where they decide to re-route my mail

Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
I think most of the people who applied to NRose, I would even go on a limb and say all of them are well aware of the crime issues in the Bronx and in that particular nabe. Most of them are Bronxites. The hope is that the area will improve.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Don't mind Gooseneck, he has some sort of crazed vendetta against the Northrose. For most people it is a step up, cheaper rent, better quality, closer to work, better transportation, a new change/start, or some combination of the above.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
I moved to one of the buildings about four months ago. Its really great. The only amenities open right now are the gym, roof deck and kids playroom. All else is closed. The people here for the most part are good people. It could be better a bit. They say someone stole some of the theater equipment. That's the only bad news i know. Taking the bus to the train is so minimal of a problem. I actually take the 5-10min walk. I enjoy it lots. The bus passes by like every 3-5 mins. The area is amazing because your close by to just bout everything. Going to East 51ST takes me about 20 mins. To Times Sq about a half hour. So It's not bad at all. The highway is near as well. Overall i love it. The gym is amazing!!! and I can't wait for them to open the learning center and theater. They will also open another theater soon. The amenities aren't for all the tenants. The front door key to the building should open the door to the amenities. So the lower income tenants wont be able to use the gym unless someone from another building opens the door for them. The amenities are located in different buildings. Example the gym is in Building B and i would have to travel to the parking/basement to get to that building. The Theater is is Building D and I would have to travel down to the basement/parking to get there as well. So basically the 11 north rose buildings are connected through the building. Its a good and bad thing. Good because it allows you to use all the amenities bad because the parking is also public and anyone can come in. Well, if they are stupid enough to do so. They have cameras in every floor of every building. Not so sure about the parking. The rent for 3 rooms is about nearly 1600 a month. That's pretty much all I can say for now. OHHH and just because you would live next to the present the cops will still take forever to get to you. Never needed them but a neighbor called once and they took forever!!! ... out of a 1-10 scale 10 being the highest i will give it a very well earned 8.5 ( FOR NOW AT LEAST )

Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
You don't even have to go to the post office they deliver your package in a personal drop box. You drop off outgoing mail downstairs as well. So it's like a post office in the lobby lol. When you get mail they leave the key to the drop box in your mail box. When you open the mail box for your mail the key stays inserted, until the mail person takes it out of course to insert in another persons mail box to pick up a package.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx_queen View Post
The front door key to the building should open the door to the amenities. So the lower income tenants wont be able to use the gym unless someone from another building opens the door for them.
So everybody within the complex are not allowed to use the amenities?
Not good... This will create tensions between the different "categories" of people.

It's clear that mixed income housing accomodations are not going to function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City